Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Fall of NBA Live

When they 1st introduced online playing I think it was the live with Dirk on it I was killing it online no comp at all . I think I may have a couple on ps3 but none on the 4. And in general I hate these micro transactions in general

What do you think if NBA street came back? I know it’s not simulation basketball but do y’all think that would be a good move too?

When nba2k5 hit the writing was on the wall. When 2k6 dropped with 360 it was a fucking wrap.

Didn't matter what EA did quite frankly.

I strongly agree. When 2K debuted in 99, then it changed the game for basketball games. Like I told @konceptjones I remember when my brother had 2k on Dreamcast and I still had Live 2000. After playing 2K over his house, it was hard for me to come back home and take NBA Live serious

They fucked up trying to bridge and 1 shit into their simulation games

I strongly agree. When 2K debuted in 99, then it changed the game for basketball games. Like I told @konceptjones I remember when my brother had 2k on Dreamcast and I still had Live 2000. After playing 2K over his house, it was hard for me to come back home and take NBA Live serious

Yeah same situation for me. I visited my cousin in Maryland in 01 and he had dreamcast and 2k and I was in love with that shit. He couldn't believe I could whoop him after a couple tries. Still played live for the year on ps2 then I think I got a dreamcast in late 02 and went to 2k3 before getting a ps2 for Christmas 03 and running live for a couple years until 2k5 came out.

I knew in my heart I was never playing nba live again after I played 2k5 that was the first one where I could really feel that simulation side. When I copped a xbox 360 and got 2k6 it was official. I was done with live and EA just could not compete with 2k games when it came to basketball anymore.

Before 2K it was shootout, but it was exclusive to the PS1 since Sony owned it. PS2 came, don't know what happened to Shootout and 2K went to other consoles after Sega folded and here we are.

I do actually remember shootout 98. Shit was garbage tho.

Back