Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Juneteenth Lounge

Players simply weren't as talented offensively back then as they are now due to training and reps. Defenses weren't overrated, the league just let them get away with everything but flat out scrapping which made it ugly to watch. Players weren't as skilled overall and the talent pool wasnt what it is today and the NBA let defenders do anything.

You think niggas like Reggie Evans, Ben Wallace, Tyrone Hill, Chris dudley have long careers in the league today? Those types of niggas wouldn't get out of training camp..

A lot guys we call role players in the league today would have been getting their shit off in the league 20 years ago. I don't think you can say the same in reverse.

🤷🏿‍♂️

You're right, someone like Ben Wallace wouldn't even get today's league. That's not because he wasn't skilled. It's because his particular skill set has been phased out of today's game.

You're also probably right that the role players of today would be good in previous eras, but they'd still be role players. I doubt those dudes would really stand out more than that in the 90s when they had to deal with actual shut down defenders. Also, someone like Steve Kerr who was just a role player when he played in the 90s would probably be a higher value player in today's league because his particular style would be very well suited for today's game.

I just think people like to act like the difference in now vs then is all about the players, when the reality is, it has as much or more to do with the fact that the NBA made a concerted effort to cater to a certain play style.

You're right, someone like Ben Wallace wouldn't even get today's league. That's not because he wasn't skilled. It's because his particular skill set has been phased out of today's game.

You're also probably right that the role players of today would be good in previous eras, but they'd still be role players. I doubt those dudes would really stand out more than that in the 90s when they had to deal with actual shut down defenders. Also, someone like Steve Kerr who was just a role player when he played in the 90s would probably be a higher value player in today's league because his particular style would be very well suited for today's game.

I just think people like to act like the difference in now vs then is all about the players, when the reality is, it has as much or more to do with the fact that the NBA made a concerted effort to cater to a certain play style.
What particular skillset of Ben Wallace has been phased out? Lol. Ben Wallace and the word skillset don't even go together.

And Kerr wouldn't be shit at this level. No agility to even attempt playing d and too slow to get his shot release off effectively. 🤷🏿‍♂️

A woman married to the greatest basketball player of all time wants to do a fucking podcast because why?

This is the type of shit I be talking about.

Feminism and modern liberalism have made it so people of unequal talent and ability want to be seen as equals to those that are superior.

When it comes to women that ain't really be doing shit and only reason people care about who they are is due to who they are married to, then it just looks like the woman has lived a purposeless and meaningless life, and then wanna use a cheat code - her husband's wealth and connections, to make herself seem like she is actually equivalent to him. We know she's not and she knows the only reason people wanna listen, is to hear what LeBron James wife has to say.

Another thing, podcasating is for the poors.

You know, you a regular fucking guy and you think your opinions are truly so interesting and someone should pay you to say bullshit all day, you start a podcast.

You are a D-list celebrity and you have a couple of interesting stories that nobody really cares about besides your cult fanbase, you start a podcast.

You are an academic that doesn't really produce any groundbreaking research and you are tired of teaching students, you start a podcast.

Podcasting by and large is for fucking losers. Listening to podcasts is for fucking losers. Successful and content people don't podcast. People podcast to become successful and content.

So if you are married to a man that is up a billion dollars, why put yourself in the loser category? You already won, there's nothing you can say or do to undo the fact you married wealthy and don't have to want for nothing.

Last edited:
Do we care about nepotism only when his wife folks?

I just seen Bronny James in a commercial. Kinda crazy for a player that averages 4ppg.

Do we care about nepotism only when his wife folks?

I just seen Bronny James in a commercial. Kinda crazy for a player that averages 4ppg.

I don't mind nepotism. I am in favor of aristocracy.

For example, if I was up a billion dollars and I married a nobody for a wife and she wants to do something outside of me, I would send her to school to be a doctor or a finance professional or a lawyer. I would make her earn something.

She would go an Ivy League school, learn from the best, have the best tutors and then she can do something worthy of her station. She can go join Doctors Without Borders. Do something with a purpose.

I wouldn't have her do the typical shit of being a philanthropist or making a cookbook or whatever the fuck easy shit these lazy women do.

I am up a billion and my wife says, "Hey, I was thinking about doing a podcast..."

This is why I like whores. Whores hit a lick, they sit down and raise their kids and maintain their appearance. They done worked to get their man, fucked and sucked their way through NBA rosters and Fortune 500 organizational charts. They have a level of appreciate for the easy life and they keep their mouth shut.

Sometimes I care sometimes I don’t care when it comes to nepotism.

I know I would pull strings for mine lolololol

He famous, he’s known because of his father.

That’s nepotism.

I’m asking do yall care only when it’s black folks that “benefit” from it?

As far as black people, we got to get it how we live right? That might be the only way some of us get in the door, so nepotism ain't as offensive as when already privileged people do it

I bought my son a car got some new tires on it and upgraded the stereo entertainment radio and I've been driving it while he's at college. I think might keep this bitch for myself and he may end up short. I like this car mane and I can roll around the city low and unseen
Bruh I be thinking the same shit. He got a little Civic. I upgraded the sound system. He not interested in wheels but I wish he was.

Shit can go for 2 weeks on a full tank whereas I’m filling mine up every week. Shit ride good and low maintenance.

I like it. Takes me back to simpler times.

Back