Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Juneteenth Lounge

We already have a system for that type of thing in place though. It's call contract work. They can treat people that work the way you're talking about as 1099 employees. That's not why the company is fighting this. They just don't want to have to fairly compensate the people that are out there putting in big hours.
A lot of drivers are against it.

They rather the model they have now with just a few more dollars on top of each trip.

Paying a hour amount would be trash for folks.

Two hours and make 30 dollars is horrible.

If I dash I’m getting at least $45 for two hours and can deny orders I don’t want to do. They need to pay more per order but my point still stands

You know how crazy life is? Wanna how time isn’t linear?

When I used to play 2k back in the da day it’s how I got into different kinds of music.

This became one of my favorite songs

I always thought the song was about a dude getting over the betrayal of a relationship and just expressing his thoughts.

I just realized today that the song is about self forgiveness and letting go of your flaws.

So, a younger me, gravitated to this song, so that older me could still fuck wit it and connect with it’s needed message.

So time ain’t linear cause a younger version of you can do something that heals a older version of you

:clawd2:

SMH.

It’s because the lack of jobs and violence.

The people that’s on that bs is scary the regular everyday people and making them leave.

It’s a trend of TikTok about how black folks are scared of hood black folks and folks defending the hood.

As a person that came from New Orleans, hood dudes make me very wary. I will never defend that environment. It’s so many good folks in those areas but the ignorant crashouts overshadow them and make you wary of all folks in those type of cities. Got folks talking about they well safer in ghettos than they do in higher income neighborhoods. Like the part of the reason folks are doing what they do is because of lack of money or access to legal money.

I can leave my garage door open where I’m at now and nothing will get taken. Back in New Orleans I couldn’t even leave a bike in front my door.

It’s always local on local violence. It’s like we understand to let the tourists do what they do because they bring money. So all that means is we know we can do better

I need my city to do better and not fall in that trap.

Didn't know what thread to put it in because there's a bunch of min wage threads

I keep trying to tell people:

Majority of Americans are on a slow decline to the bottom 20 percent...which is why Uber, Lyft Turo, DoorDash and the rest of the gig apps are popular.

Which is why sports gambling has become mainstream, instead of an underground activity.

These companies are picking at the left over meat left from the previous generation of vultures.

America is cannibalizing itself in the pursuit of new wealth avenues and there ain't none.

There's no such thing as a full-time job. If you are a working age person and your ain't out here trying to monetize your life then I don't know how you gonna survive.

Because these motherfuckers are ruthless and ain't playing. You need money on top of money to survive the income crunch.

Last edited:
IMG_9892.jpeg

I was today years old when I found out this was a thing.

Ron out here selling Zaddy Brandy.

My liver has instantly time-traveled back to 2001, back when the Human Jukebox Marching Band of Southern University was WHOMPIN this song on any band in a 1000-mile radius.

Clap it UP for Black-Owned LQ stores! 👍🏾👨🏾‍🦱🥃🎤

View attachment 1280471

My liver has instantly time-traveled back to 2001, back when the Human Jukebox Marching Band of Southern University was WHOMPIN this song on any band in a 1000-mile radius.

Did you try it?

View attachment 1280471

I'mma hafta check it out to see how it compares to my favorite brandies: E&J XO, Korbel VSOP, and Korbel 12.

I hate meetings too, but what’s worse is when you hear that Teams ringtone unexpectedly.

View attachment 1280336

That ringtone is responsible for more anxiety than your girl saying “we need to talk” 😂.

Just got off of an "unexpected" Teams call about 10 minutes ago.

Was in a group chat with a PM and a couple of techs trying to figure out why this new deployment has been acting stupid. I cleared the server of any wrongdoing so the shit is on the applications, which is a different team. I'm figuring "done with this shit, I'mma go take a nap for the last hour of the day". Literally stood up and started to walk away from my computer and the goddamned Teams ringer was goin' off, it was the PM. We ended up on a call for nearly 30 minutes. Shit might have been of benefit to me 'cause apparently he likes to tell the brass about who goes above and beyond, and since I've always been timely with responding to his emails and grabbed this call, my name will definitely be mentioned amongst the suits.

I wanna be mad 'cause I missed out on a nap... but maybe it leads to something better this time.

Just got off of an "unexpected" Teams call about 10 minutes ago.

Was in a group chat with a PM and a couple of techs trying to figure out why this new deployment has been acting stupid. I cleared the server of any wrongdoing so the shit is on the applications, which is a different team. I'm figuring "done with this shit, I'mma go take a nap for the last hour of the day". Literally stood up and started to walk away from my computer and the goddamned Teams ringer was goin' off, it was the PM. We ended up on a call for nearly 30 minutes. Shit might have been of benefit to me 'cause apparently he likes to tell the brass about who goes above and beyond, and since I've always been timely with responding to his emails and grabbed this call, my name will definitely be mentioned amongst the suits.

I wanna be mad 'cause I missed out on a nap... but maybe it leads to something better this time.
The gamble you have to make sometimes, lol.

Back