Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Dirt Sheets: Necessary evil or banish them ALL

IP360

Doctorate & Ph.D in Bootyology
Just curious as to everyone thoughts on them. Imo, it seems they've contributed to lot of the issues amongst the prowrestling community. Issues like divisiveness, misinformation, lack of credibility w/n sources, etc. But every so often, some of the shyt that gets reported does turn out to be factual.

So I ask...are dirt sheets a necessary evil? Are they big factor in prowrestling? If you believe so, tell us why? Or, are they the bane of prowrestling's existence, and need to be done away permanently?

Yes

I have been reading dirt sheets since about 2003 so it’s been 20 years worth of reading them and catching up on what’s been going on. I hate it at times because there are times where I want to be legit surprised and then there are times where I want to find out beforehand if watching a wrestling show is worth it if I read spoilers and/or have an idea from a dirt sheet about what’s going on. I do miss the days why I would watch wrestling and be surprise regularly but I can’t see myself stopping myself from reading dirt sheets anytime soon.

If they went away it would make wrestling fun again as a consumer.

I never looked at dirt sheets til like 2006/2007 when i got back in wrestling. My most fun times watching wrestling was before then because of the genuine suprises and not knowing what was to come. Dirt sheets just seem to make me more numb to the product.

So yeah ban them hoes.

Yeah I'm the type that wanna be surprised. Especially if it's wrestler that debuting on another promotion. Imo droppin spoilers kinda kills the moment for me. And social media has made it 20x harder to keep things a secret.

For example Cody's appearance at WM was still epic. But news of him posisibly showing up had already leaked. There was no info as to his whereabouts after leaving AEW, and then the surprised at WM, this that moment would skyrocketed even further. But that's just me.

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve only learned to trust certain sites because I hate how dirt sheets are now with social media

They need an overhaul to more closer align with real sports reporting/entertainment trade sheets. The baseless speculation model covered up by "plans changed" proclamations need to be fixed.

Them shits got me thru Germany in th 80’s when I had to rely on family sending vhs tapes of regular ass tv and hope and pray that they caught some wrestling

AFN wasn’t fucking with wwf like that back then

They'd be aight if they kept the spoilers to themselves

They are good as far as everything else goes.

Back