Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 08-23-24

It's what I thought it was from the trailer. An emo remake of the original. Feel like some people still expected something else even though it showed what it was. If you weren't cool with the emo look then this wasn't for you and you bitching about it makes no sense

I liked it. It was a different take. The violence was nice. Dude was going crazy with that sword. They kind of left it open for him to return in a sequel. The villain being able to make people do something bad was interesting. They should have done more with that before it ended. Would have liked him to kill the villain some other way instead of tossing them both out the window

One nitpick I had was that he could heal from everything on his body but the skin on his face still showed scars from when he was ran over. Also the detail for the dealing was pretty cool

I did like how when he fixed everything that they were back to the start and the middleman guy was there reviving her

Love & Revenge

Praise : I'm not going to compare this movie to the 1994 movie because it truly tries to be it's own thing. I did enjoy the performances by Bill Skarsgård as Eric Draven and musician FKA Twigs as Shelly. I liked their whole broken people bonding thing and enough time is spent between the two to make the love between the characters believable. There is a good build up to the ultra violence and gore. There are several unique and great kills. I enjoyed a truly wicked and ultra entertaining moment.As the villain Roeg Danny Huston does what he does best so much so I was looking forward to his inevitable showdown with Draven. The writing and direction made me feel the loss and the yearning especially when coupled with great looking and dreary set designs. It's odd that there were no press screenings for this as if it truly belongs in the August dumpster but it definitely doesn't.

PROBLEMS: The pacing could have been better. I had the same problem with this movie as i did with the movie Trap when it's extremely obvious that something
is going on but hundreds of people dont notice because hey they are so into a show they're watching?!?There are some moments which I felt were to convenient. The latter portions of the movies climax felt a bit lackluster to me because there was such a great build up in its beginning.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7

Back