It was good. A tad predictable

They didn't really explain a lot of stuff about the robots that I was curious about. Like eating and drinking and the tears

That man survived multiple blast waves lol

Made it seem like the only people in the world were Americans and Asian lol but they said the first nuke was on the west coast. I didn't find it plausible that the world would allow that thing to just travel wherever and send nukes out though

Had a feeling he wouldn't survive the end. It was cool he got to see his "wife" though

I'm curious how the child would grow. I swear they said she would

Like how the movie touches on the military industrial complex and bigotry. It turned out that human error caused the nuke to drop. Mankind started war on AI on a lie. The relationship and bond developed between Joshua and Alphie touched me. The visuals and score were awesome

Incredible film. 3 and 1/2 stars outta 4

I need more Black leads in big budget sci-fi movies

Lots of Man on Fire references like Clair de lune which makes the casting of JD Washington all the more appropriate. He did a wonderful job with a full range of emotion

Reactions: Sh1t Happens
It was good. A tad predictable

They didn't really explain a lot of stuff about the robots that I was curious about. Like eating and drinking and the tears

That man survived multiple blast waves lol

Made it seem like the only people in the world were Americans and Asian lol but they said the first nuke was on the west coast. I didn't find it plausible that the world would allow that thing to just travel wherever and send nukes out though

Had a feeling he wouldn't survive the end. It was cool he got to see his "wife" though

I'm curious how the child would grow. I swear they said she would

Yeah the fact that it happened to him multiple times in the flick, and it's never explained was a tad annoying.
Like did his bionic implants have something to do with that?
Zero context

And in sea of the remakes sequels and superhero movies people aren't going out to support this original sci-fi movie with a Black lead

Disappointed

And in sea of the remakes sequels and superhero movies people aren't going out to support this original sci-fi movie with a Black lead

Disappointed
Now you see why these film companies go with established IPs. It's safer. Scorseesee and other people in Hollywood been trynna tell people

Reactions: LexDiamond1995
Very Creative

PRAISE: The Creator has a dash of Terminator 2 and Blade Runner but definitely has some unique and involving story threads. The story about ex-special forces agent Joshua who is recruited to hunt down and kill the Creator, the elusive architect of advanced AI.
The cast including John David Washington, Madeleine Yuna Voyles, Gemma Chan, Allison Janney, Ken Watanabe, Sturgill Simpson all turn in very good performances.
There was a story thread that held my interest throughout the film and I was in high anticipation to how it was going to play out. It played out in a way that was unpredictable and definitely hit all the right emotional chords.
Technically the film is incredible. Director Gareth Edward's blends beautiful landscapes with nearly flawless SFX .
From the start the story began to stack the decks when it came to the characters and their involvement which ultimately lead to a satisfying ending with tons of raw emotion.

PROBLEMS: A couple of hollow moments in which the acting was vacant.
A character was definitely in one note mode.There were definitely some predictable moments. A couple of things I couldn't get on board with that included moments when things were too convenient or unconvenient just to draw things out or try to create suspense.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 7½