Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW The Cool Kids - Special Edition Grandmaster Deluxe

Gonna have to see if Chuck produced this all by himself, but the project definitely has a different vibe from their previous projects. The chemistry is still there and they have way more features than I recall from previous projects. So far, there is only one possible skip. I'm like right at half the album so far.

On The Set go hard as fuck

9:15PM so smooth

GR8FULL

Simple Things

Jean Jacket

....my favorite tracks

bumped this a couple of times this weekend

gon give my knee jerk impressions, and follow it up 6 months from now to see if my opinion has changed

so...this project feels like two different albums sonically. Again, i dont know if Chuck produced the entire album by himself, but if he did, im impressed. Half of it feels like that classic, cool kids, heavy bass laced songs. The other half sounds more updated and contemporary rhythms. Not a bad thing, but it feels like some songs might get tried to made into singles or some movie soundtrack type music.

I can best sum this up by comparing it to Childish Gambino's STN MTN/Kauai mixtape where one album (STN MTN) was all rap and Kauai, was more RnB which kinda ushered in the "Awaken My Love" album. They have a song feat Jeremih for example. Its not bad at all...like some party lounge type music

I can hear the growth in the production

so for now...i give this 4/5 ABW webs

standout songs

-moonlanding
-tv dinner
-20/20 vision
-checkout
-on the set
-9:15
-westside connection
-symptoms of a down

Cool Kids on Hannibal Burress Pod