Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just haven't had the right red velvet cake.

Less about the chocolate and more about the texture for me. The decadence. Iykyk.

I feel sorry for yall.

I knew you were coming with this

truth is I been searching for "real red velvet" for a long time now

and I'm tied.

it doesn't exist.

I've had moist red velvet cake (i know thats probably the texture you talkin bout) but it dont change anything

if you were blind folded and put in a room wit two pieces of cake of the same texture how would you know which one is red velvet and which one is chocolate?

you wouldn't..

Just admit the flavor profile is too much for you. The richness of the buttermilk, the signature subtly of the cocoa, the velvety texture... What kind of flour was it made with? Do you even know? Do you care?

triple-h-disgusted.gif

I used to be just like you Golan

I knew you were coming with this

truth is I been searching for "real red velvet" for a long time now

and I'm tied.

it doesn't exist.

I've had moist red velvet cake (i know thats probably the texture you talkin bout) but it dont change anything

if you were blind folded and put in a room wit two pieces of cake of the same texture how would you know which one is red velvet and which one is chocolate?

you wouldn't..

Like I said I don't get caught up in red velvet vs chocolate.

If you stuck on that detail you stuck on that.

Who told you red velvet was a flavor? Lol.
You went in looking for the wrong answer all along when "red velvet" suggests it's more about texture than flavor.

It's levels.

thinking-winnie-the-pooh.gif

Freeman right and yall been livin a lie:

when bakers figured out how to soften the proteins in flour using ingredients like cocoa, cornstarch, or almond flour to create an almost magical process. The cakes that resulted had a finer, smoother texture than other cakes of the time, and to distinguish these softer cakes, they were called "velvet" cakes.

Let's take a look at some basic ingredients. Sure, red velvet cake has chocolate flavors, but recipes call for some kind of natural cocoa powder to supply the hint of chocolate, while a chocolate cake is, well, much, much more chocolatey.

There's also a big difference in the liquids. While chocolate and devil's food cakes call for water and oftentimes coffee for their moistness, red velvet relies on something weird: buttermilk and vinegar. That's what gives it that distinctive tanginess that, if you took a bite with your eyes closed, would tell you that you're eating red velvet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back