Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iight, I don't even care if y'all niggaz roast me....I had a wild ass day.

So after a year of just taking whatever labor jobs I could get my hands on... Moving company, cementing, landscaping, literally whatever.....I officially returned to the work force today in a sales position at a retail store. The upside is I get points on my sales (I got like 3 today), but the down side... Is the money slow. Like I literally understand how niggaz who used to the block can't fuck with day to day shit.

Monday and Tuesday I worked landscaping jobs making $200 a day each... Today I sat in a store for 6 hours and made significantly less...

Well.....I get off work....

My hoodrat friends from the bar been texting me all day about getting crabs tonight at this legionnaire hall.... It's like a million in the city.... But they talking about $50 dozen of large... So I'm like. Cool I'll catch yall after I get off this dumb ass job....

This where shit get wild.... The nigga who house I worked at Monday.... This nigga the fucking president of the hall we getting the crabs at...I see slim pulling up as I walk up....

I shout him out, he like oh shit... We dap it up... He like, oh you getting crabs today... We laughing.. He ask about the new job, and he could tell it was bullshit... Like I told y'all I be working with masons n shit, made niggaz.... They know that money on the labor tip is way better than the shit I did today.... But we both fronted like I did the right thing...

But he definitely made sure he had my info if I wanted work on my days off.... Or if he had half day work.... I'm like bet.

And he kept checking in the whole time I was there, hooked me up with extra crabs... Got me a free beer..... Cool ass nigga. Like legit had me feeling like I'm missing out on money going back to regular work....

But wait..... There's more.

The absolute second I step foot in the back yard of the hall to get crabs....I see a whole fucking table of niggaz from round the way....

They all like "DDDDDDeeeeeeee!!!!!!!"

Soon as I walk in.... Again dapping me up, buying me drinks, clowning me for showing up in a work uniform, talking bout money niggaz can be making here n there...

And I'm like....yo...... This shit real as fuck...I mean pre pandemic, I was pulling down a comfy 50k off of two jobs.... It ain't broke, but I had a nice 401k...an inherited house, some land Down south I was making dough off renting... Good small stock investments....

Covid fucked me up, I had to dig in my resources, but I also got on my grind...

So much so,..... It kinda feels wack going back to work off a loss.....

Unemployment never worked out for me, so I had to do for self.... And I think I did good.

But I feel like I took a step back with this dumb ass job. I could make more wheeling and dealing jobs on my fucking own

So after a year of just taking whatever labor jobs I could get my hands on... Moving company, cementing, landscaping, literally whatever.....I officially returned to the work force today in a sales position at a retail store. The upside is I get points on my sales (I got like 3 today), but the down side... Is the money slow. Like I literally understand how niggaz who used to the block can't fuck with day to day shit.

Monday and Tuesday I worked landscaping jobs making $200 a day each... Today I sat in a store for 6 hours and made significantly less...

My hoodrat friends from the bar been texting me all day about getting crabs tonight at this legionnaire hall.... It's like a million in the city.... But they talking about $50 dozen of large... So I'm like. Cool I'll catch yall after I get off this dumb ass job....

This where shit get wild.... The nigga who house I worked at Monday.... This nigga the fucking president of the hall we getting the crabs at...I see slim pulling up as I walk up....

I shout him out, he like oh shit... We dap it up... He like, oh you getting crabs today... We laughing.. He ask about the new job, and he could tell it was bullshit... Like I told y'all I be working with masons n shit, made niggaz.... They know that money on the labor tip is way better than the shit I did today.... But we both fronted like I did the right thing...

But he definitely made sure he had my info if I wanted work on my days off.... Or if he had half day work.... I'm like bet.

And he kept checking in the whole time I was there, hooked me up with extra crabs... Got me a free beer..... Cool ass nigga. Like legit had me feeling like I'm missing out on money going back to regular work....

The absolute second I step foot in the back yard of the hall to get crabs....I see a whole fucking table of niggaz from round the way....

Soon as I walk in.... Again dapping me up, buying me drinks, clowning me for showing up in a work uniform, talking bout money niggaz can be making here n there...

And I'm like....yo...... This shit real as fuck...I mean pre pandemic, I was pulling down a comfy 50k off of two jobs.... It ain't broke, but I had a nice 401k...an inherited house, some land Down south I was making dough off renting... Good small stock investments....

Unemployment never worked out for me, so I had to do for self.... And I think I did good.

But I feel like I took a step back with this dumb ass job. I could make more wheeling and dealing jobs on my fucking own
I kept waiting for the part that was worth clowin you for…you just wanted to talk about your day

:scust: Don’t get my hopes up like that again

I ain't heard no shit like that in......

Okay, I almost said forever.... But I forgot about that time before we got married and my wife was the HR manager at this supermarket before she started teaching...

Can't nobody say she wasn't bout family

She had ,me, her dad, her sister, her brother, her brothers baby mother, AND her sisters husband....all of us working there, alllll of us on a hacked up 6-10 shift where we essentially closed the whole store for a smooth 8 months....

That shit was a fun ass time.... But yeah, the store managers there told me put my phone away a few times.... They was lucky my wife worked there 😌

Aye fam. Nothing but respect at you doing what you gotta do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back