Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
My oldest bought herself a bearded dragon about 5 mths ago, once a month there be a random cricket making a break for it hoping through the hallway while being stalked by the cat.

Friend of mine bought a gecko. Used to go to his house and hear random crickets that escaped the tank. Annoying af.

Then tell me how the gecko got out went missing for 6 months then just popped out the vent one night when we were smoking. Most random shit.

Friend of mine bought a gecko. Used to go to his house and hear random crickets that escaped the tank. Annoying af.

Then tell me how the gecko got out went missing for 6 months then just popped out the vent one night when we were smoking. Most random shit.
That is hilarious and not funny at the same time. I'm quite thankful now the cat is on it cuz I don't wanna hear crickets in the damn winter!

That is hilarious and not funny at the same time. I'm quite thankful now the cat is on it cuz I don't wanna hear crickets in the damn winter!

Try feeding it minced beef. Small amounts. Fuck them crickets.

• Goat
Reactions: B_A

if any thing would have happened to Serena
View attachment 469914
But nah back when I was hanging w dealers and distributors it was really shocking to see how many doctors and medical professionals were on the client list ....why I be apprehensive about going to the hospital

Unfortunately, this kind of thing happens to Black folk A LOT in healthcare.

Healthcare providers who don't look like us (sometimes even those who do) don't take our issues or complaints of pain/discomfort seriously. There's a long-held belief (historically from slavery) that we're all "Super N-----s" and Black people don't feel pain/discomfort like everyone else (white).

If you're Black and poor/uninsured...forget about it.

As for Serena, this points to a larger issue that is beginning to get a little spotlight in recent years (not nearly enough tho); why Black women are more at risk of dying from pregnancy-related complications/childbirth. The likelyhood is 4x that of white women.

I could go more in depth but I'd be typing forever about how discriminatory healthcare is at every level. It's more phucked up than you probably think.

if any thing would have happened to Serena
View attachment 469914
But nah back when I was hanging w dealers and distributors it was really shocking to see how many doctors and medical professionals were on the client list ....why I be apprehensive about going to the hospital

Yup. Try and tell them your pain under 8 or 9 lol.

I don't go to hospital unless I know my body is on some fuck shit I can't self help.

Also my boy is a RN at a nearby hospital so I can usually link him and get fast tracked.

But yeah I been pree'd the fuck shit that goes on. They really be trying to test out them theories and/or think we just drug abusers.

Yup. Try and tell them your pain under 8 or 9 lol.

I don't go to hospital unless I know my body is on some fuck shit I can't self help.

Also my boy is a RN at a nearby hospital so I can usually link him and get fast tracked.

But yeah I been pree'd the fuck shit that goes on. They really be trying to test out them theories and/or think we just drug abusers.
Yea I start w ppl I know then move up to the hospital

Yall find that the treatment is the same with alotta gps as well and not just the emergency doctors?

I'm currently looking for a new GP my damn self cuz they were wild dismissive and just seemed like they wanted to get me out of the fuckin door

Yall find that the treatment is the same with alotta gps as well and not just the emergency doctors?

I'm currently looking for a new GP my damn self cuz they were wild dismissive and just seemed like they wanted to get me out of the fuckin door
Find a black one is what I’d advise..... I remember shit got super real for me in September 2020....after I got out the emergency room had to do some follow up w this cac doctor....I’m still shook I’m telling her all that s wrong w me.... she was basically like whatever fam...gave me the test she wanted to give me lol I left her office at like 11 am....went to see another doctor at 5:30 pm

Thankfully my wife had a black woman doctor the first time, and a white guy that was very attentive the second time. I was worried about some shit like that happening.

My friend’s doc tried to kill him. She gave him meds that was too strong for him. Blood pressure. He passed out twice and ended up in ER. theN when he told the doc, she was like you’ll be fine and wrote the same prescription for him again. He got a black doc now.

Oh baby, this is at EVERY level of healthcare.

I wasn't exaggerating.

Look long and hard for a good GP...one who looks like you if you can.

Read reviews, get referrals from family/friends.

In MY EXPERIENCE, American-born males of Middle Eastern descent make good doctors. Last resort tho lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back