Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
PBS aired a new doc tonight "The Black Church: This Is Our Story, This Is Our Song ". Its a two part serious on the history of African Americans and Christianity, starting from them being converted during the slave trade, until now. I dropped the link and trailers in the Doc thread but, if you want to watch it now, they also are premiering both episodes tonight on youtube.
Here are the links

pt 1

pt2

What happened to the podcast thread? NOT the ABW one... no beef... but I’m looking for the thread where we were sharing podcasts we listen to

I couldn’t go back home for the Mardi Gras because it was canceled

The weather is freezing cold

My power out

Im at momma house and she asking a nigga to do 11 thousands things in this bitch

View attachment 467190
131220034259-big-suit-live-video.jpg

People aint shit. So if you're like me and cant find salt or ice melt, hope this helps:

7 (Better) Alternatives to Salt for De-Icing

If you live up here in the Northeast, chances are that after a snowstorm, you use salt to de-ice your driveway, walkway, or patio. While salt does a great job melting the snow and ice, it can be bad for your lawn, garden, concrete, pavers, pets, and car.
As an asphalt driveway resurfacing company, we’ve had to complete multiple resurfacing jobs on asphalt and concrete that was dried out and damaged because of the effects of salt. In addition to drying out hardscapes, salt can also dry out the paws on your pet, can corrode the metal on the underside of your car, and can damage your plants if it gets into the soil. Not only that, but the salt used on roadways and sidewalks gets washed into lakes, streams, and/or groundwater supplies.
Instead of salt, we’ve listed a few alternatives that are much better for the environment and for those around you:
Sand
Sand not only absorbs sunlight, which can help snow and ice melt, but it also adds traction so that your friends and family don’t slip and fall.
Kitty Litter
Though it doesn’t melt the snow and ice, kitty litter is like sand in the fact that it also adds traction for a non-slip surface. Both kitty litter and sand need to be applied on top of the snow to be effective.
Vinegar
Because vinegar contains citric acid, it will help melt snow and ice. It may take a few applications, however.
Sugar Beet Juice
Sugar beet juice is one of the most environmentally friendly ways to de-ice your home. The juice from sugar beets lowers the melting point of ice and snow. It’s also completely safe for roads, pets, plants, grass, cars, and concrete.
Alfalfa Meal
Another environmentally friendly way to melt snow and ice. alfalfa meal is usually used as a fertilizer, so it’s 100% natural. It’s also grainy, so you’ll get some traction.
Coffee Grinds
Like sand, coffee grinds will absorb sunlight to help melt snow and ice faster. It will also give you a non-slip surface.
Calcium Chloride
Calcium chloride is a less-harsh alternative to salt, and actually works better when temperatures are low (between 0 degrees and 30 degrees Fahrenheit).

People aint shit. So if you're like me and cant find salt or ice melt, hope this helps:

7 (Better) Alternatives to Salt for De-Icing

If you live up here in the Northeast, chances are that after a snowstorm, you use salt to de-ice your driveway, walkway, or patio. While salt does a great job melting the snow and ice, it can be bad for your lawn, garden, concrete, pavers, pets, and car.
As an asphalt driveway resurfacing company, we’ve had to complete multiple resurfacing jobs on asphalt and concrete that was dried out and damaged because of the effects of salt. In addition to drying out hardscapes, salt can also dry out the paws on your pet, can corrode the metal on the underside of your car, and can damage your plants if it gets into the soil. Not only that, but the salt used on roadways and sidewalks gets washed into lakes, streams, and/or groundwater supplies.
Instead of salt, we’ve listed a few alternatives that are much better for the environment and for those around you:
Sand
Sand not only absorbs sunlight, which can help snow and ice melt, but it also adds traction so that your friends and family don’t slip and fall.
Kitty Litter
Though it doesn’t melt the snow and ice, kitty litter is like sand in the fact that it also adds traction for a non-slip surface. Both kitty litter and sand need to be applied on top of the snow to be effective.
Vinegar
Because vinegar contains citric acid, it will help melt snow and ice. It may take a few applications, however.
Sugar Beet Juice
Sugar beet juice is one of the most environmentally friendly ways to de-ice your home. The juice from sugar beets lowers the melting point of ice and snow. It’s also completely safe for roads, pets, plants, grass, cars, and concrete.
Alfalfa Meal
Another environmentally friendly way to melt snow and ice. alfalfa meal is usually used as a fertilizer, so it’s 100% natural. It’s also grainy, so you’ll get some traction.
Coffee Grinds
Like sand, coffee grinds will absorb sunlight to help melt snow and ice faster. It will also give you a non-slip surface.
Calcium Chloride
Calcium chloride is a less-harsh alternative to salt, and actually works better when temperatures are low (between 0 degrees and 30 degrees Fahrenheit).
I'm originally from Connecticut, now MD. I use sand period it's practical, gravel gives tread and prevents slips and it is very inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back