Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
The minute we realize it’s not our job not our job to not be stereotyped it’s their job not to be racist. They watermelon and chicken because we made money off it and lived

I hear what you saying but nah. You can't say you hate the stereotype and feed it at the same time. I don't even know if the stereotype really exists in the UK, so it might be a moot point, but still still niggas be getting in these commercial doing jigs and all that over some fried chicken. At some point, you either have to say no to that shit or admit that you really don't care that much about it.

I hear what you saying but nah. You can't say you hate the stereotype and feed it at the same time. I don't even know if the stereotype really exists in the UK, so it might be a moot point, but still still niggas be getting in these commercial doing jigs and all that over some fried chicken. At some point, you either have to say no to that shit or admit that you really don't care that much about it.

Bruh so what somebody else does has to change my whole outlook? The stereotype ain’t even just the watermelon and chicken. If I say Arab niggas like hummus and show them with aks and swords screaming terrorist shit in a hummus commercial. Should they then not fuck with hummus.

Idk if they eat hummus for real I just thought if some Mideastern food

Bruh so what somebody else does has to change my whole outlook? The stereotype ain’t even just the watermelon and chicken. If I say Arab niggas like hummus and show them with aks and swords screaming terrorist shit in a hummus commercial. Should they then not fuck with hummus.

Idk if they eat hummus for real I just thought if some Mideastern food

I don't understand the comparison or the argument you're trying to make. What I'm saying is that a lot of black people throw a fit whenever that stereotype is thrown around, but many of us also have no problem promoting the stereotype. I'm not saying black people have to stop liking fried chicken because we're stereotyped. I'm saying that if we don't like being stereotyped, maybe we shouldn't be in every fried chicken commercial bugging our eyes out over how good fried chicken is. I mean a lot of these companies almost exclusively use black people in their commercials. How is that not promoting the stereotype?

I don't even care about the stereotype to be honest. I just think it's weird that we as a community supposedly hate the stereotype but also simultaneously love taking every opportunity to reinforce the stereotype.

I don't understand the comparison or the argument you're trying to make. What I'm saying is that a lot of black people throw a fit whenever that stereotype is thrown around, but many of us also have no problem promoting the stereotype. I'm not saying black people have to stop liking fried chicken because we're stereotyped. I'm saying that if we don't like being stereotyped, maybe we shouldn't be in every fried chicken commercial bugging our eyes out over how good fried chicken is. I mean a lot of these companies almost exclusively use black people in their commercials. How is that not promoting the stereotype?

I don't even care about the stereotype to be honest. I just think it's weird that we as a community supposedly hate the stereotype but also simultaneously love taking every opportunity to reinforce the stereotype.

But you’re basing this on commercials or stuff you see on social media? You can apply this to sports it’s the same thing to me. I should be able to talk about how I like fried chicken but also realize when someone is using that to offend me. Or pander to me. People in the UK obviously don’t have Popeyes hence the reaction. I see those skits with people trying food all the time

But you’re basing this on commercials or stuff you see on social media? You can apply this to sports it’s the same thing to me. I should be able to talk about how I like fried chicken but also realize when someone is using that to offend me. Or pander to me. People in the UK obviously don’t have Popeyes hence the reaction. I see those skits with people trying food all the time

lol Bruh, there's nothing wrong with black people being in a taste testing vid, but why is the vid exclusively black people. Are black people the only people they want to eat at Popeyes in the UK? Are black people the only people in the UK to never have Popeyes?

And I didn't say anything about people being able to talk about fried chicken. I'm talking about how black people are used to promote a stereotype that black people supposedly hate. Black people will get made because a company has fried chicken for the "Black History Month" meal, but then be on TV acting like black people can't function without fried chicken. Do you really not see how silly that is?

lol Bruh, there's nothing wrong with black people being in a taste testing vid, but why is the vid exclusively black people. Are black people the only people they want to eat at Popeyes in the UK? Are black people the only people in the UK to never have Popeyes?

And I didn't say anything about people being able to talk about fried chicken. I'm talking about how black people are used to promote a stereotype that black people supposedly hate. Black people will get made because a company has fried chicken for the "Black History Month" meal, but then be on TV acting like black people can't function without fried chicken. Do you really not see how silly that is?

A lot of those type of videos are broken down by culture I’ve seen one with black grandmothers. I’ve seen others with Persians trying our food. I’ve seen Americans trying Haitian food. And yes I’m mad they would make it our meal just for black history month like it’s not a common ass everyday meal. It’s a negative stereotype fur reasons we all know. This ain’t Italians and Lasagna. Why this hard to get?

A lot of those type of videos are broken down by culture I’ve seen one with black grandmothers. I’ve seen others with Persians trying our food. I’ve seen Americans trying Haitian food. And yes I’m mad they would make it our meal just for black history month like it’s not a common ass everyday meal. It’s a negative stereotype fur reasons we all know. This ain’t Italians and Lasagna. Why this hard to get?

Lol I don't think you even know what you're arguing anymore. Again, if you believe it's a harmful stereotype then you should also believe that black people should stay away from things that promote the stereotype. It makes no sense for you to think the stereotype is bad but then be ok with black people in commercials doing jigs because they just got done chicken. I'd say that imagery is about 70% of the reason the stereotype still exists.

Also, the Scottish brought the practice of deep frying chicken to the U.S., and African slave made it into what it's become, so yeah, it kinda is like Italians and lasagna.

Last edited:
Lol I don't think you even know what you're arguing anymore. Again, if you believe it's a harmful stereotype then you should also believe that black people should stay away from things that promote the stereotype. It makes no sense for you to think the stereotype is bad but then be ok with black people in commercials doing jigs because they just got done chicken. I'd say that imagery is about 70% of the reason the stereotype still exists.

Nigga you ain’t seen nobody do a jig. You’ve seen the Popeyes lady selling chicken. And these reaction videos. What kept the stereotype around before the Popeyes lady? That’s a stupid point because stereotypes don’t go away. You literally saying we can’t complain about the chicken stereotype because we eat chicken and like it. It’s not because you saw us acting a fool in a commercial bro. And you’re not telling us not to eat fried chicken but just don’t ever be in a commercial about it because then we can never bring up the racist history of the stereotype?

How is that logical to you man. It’s like saying we can’t get mad about the athletic stereotype but then play sports and sell shoes. Is this just a debate because you feel like debating because I can’t see why this goes any further.

Nigga you ain’t seen nobody do a jig. You’ve seen the Popeyes lady selling chicken. And these reaction videos. What kept the stereotype around before the Popeyes lady? That’s a stupid point because stereotypes don’t go away. You literally saying we can’t complain about the chicken stereotype because we eat chicken and like it. It’s not because you saw us acting a fool in a commercial bro. And you’re not telling us not to eat fried chicken but just don’t ever be in a commercial about it because then we can never bring up the racist history of the stereotype?

How is that logical to you man. It’s like saying we can’t get mad about the athletic stereotype but then play sports and sell shoes. Is this just a debate because you feel like debating because I can’t see why this goes any further.

Nigga, what the fuck is wrong with you? Why do you keep claiming I'm saying something that I'm not. Nowhere did I say black people can't like fried chicken. Stop saying that shit. It's dumb. I also never said black people can't be in chicken commercials, but if the stereotype is harmful then black people shouldn't be in marketing campaigns that are exclusively black. But I'm going to let this go because like you said black people have never been in commercials jigging over some chicken.

Nigga, what the fuck is wrong with you? Why do you keep claiming I'm saying something that I'm not. Nowhere did I say black people can't like fried chicken. Stop saying that shit. It's dumb. I also never said black people can't be in chicken commercials, but if the stereotype is harmful then black people shouldn't be in marketing campaigns that are exclusively black. But I'm going to let this go because like you said black people have never been in commercials jigging over some chicken.

So what you saying is we can’t be mad about the stereotype because some coons roll with it. That’s literally your point and it’s extremely stupid. But you have to be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back