Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED The Club Shay Shay Thread

test
I feel what you are tryin to get across but I think you are projecting yourself onto things a bit much, as well as I might. But the reason a lot of intelligent people come across as assholes, is because…

So, NDT was on Amber Rose’s podcast. He’s smart enough to know who Amber Rose is, and smart enough to know who her audience is. She asked a question about Astrology, a pet peeve of his.

Now, the type of intellectual person you are thinking of is also emotionally and socially intelligent. Enough so, that they have empathy for those that require certain things within that element. That their own intelligence makes it so they don’t necessarily need it, cause facts don’t care about your feelings

He could have found a way to tell her and her audience, how the science doesn’t agree with a lot of the basics of astrology and then be empathetic as to why human beings desire to find meaning in life, because philosophy is also a subject he’s well verse in.

But because the logical objective facts are so above the nonense involved, he just rawly kinda shits on Amber and her audience. Leaving Amber to say that she just plays with astrology, but you can see how he made her feel.

And, in his life, neither she nor her fans matter, so..he doesn’t care. Most..intelligent people are like this. Not all, but most.
Is this what you were referring to?

What makes it worse Is that somebody I know who has been clinically diagnosed with depression was trying to tell me that I didn’t have depression because I wasn’t clinically diagnosed like him.
Both of you were in the wrong. He shouldn't have been dismissive of your truth and you shouldn't have been playing armchair MD in his face.

Both of you were in the wrong. He shouldn't have been dismissive of your truth and you shouldn't have been playing armchair MD in his face.
Why shouldn’t I though if I’m having real symptoms

I don’t think I was wrong at all, but like most men and specifically black men I was like well life is shitty. I’ll deal with it and fuck all that psychology mumbo-jumbo

Also, when you have depression, you’re unmotivated so I couldn’t really motivate myself to go to a doctor

I didn’t even wanna get up to brush my teeth let alone research mental health facilities, and find out how to set up an appointment

Last edited:
Why shouldn’t I though if I’m having real symptoms

I don’t think I was wrong at all, but like most men and specifically black men I was like well life is shitty. I’ll deal with it and fuck all that psychology mumbo-jumbo

Also, when you have depression, you’re unmotivated so I couldn’t really motivate myself to go to a doctor

I didn’t even wanna get up to brush my teeth, let alone research, mental health facilities, and find out how to set up an appointment
Perhaps it's insensitive to say "I probably have depression but life is shitty and fuck all that psychology kumbo-jumbo" to someone who's actually trying to deal with that psychology mumbo-jumbo in real time. Tf? It's like you're trying to gaslight him lol.

Symptoms are just symptoms until it's verified by a professional. There could be other symptoms you're not even aware you're having that might lead to a completely different diagnosis. It's not like you can walk into a pharmacy and tell them to give you medication for depression because you have the symptoms. That's not how things work.

Self diagnosing then downplaying dealing with the illness to someone else who is actively dealing said illness is absolutely crazy.

Last edited:
More so he looks at it from a purely logical, objective, factual viewpoint and doesn’t take into account the human and or emotional aspect of things. Like a very intelligent person would.

On his podcast, which is more personal, dude talks about being a 6 foot plus teen growing up in NewYork and acknowledges the role of racism in his life and his father’s life. He just doesn’t attach to it, from an emotional level.

Racism isn't logical, so trying to rationalize it is a pointless endeavor. I've heard his story and know he understands how it can impact a life, but you can't discuss racism dispassionately because it isn't an emotionless topic either on the side of the offenders or the offended. If a person doesn't understand that, they shouldn't broach the topic.

I see what you’re saying, but I had depression for a long time and I pretty much knew I had depression, but nobody would listen to me fully as far as idiot friends and some family until I paid money to go to a doctor and they told me “you have depression.” And I’m like “nigga duhhhhhh”

People were like “you’re just lazy and sad. You haven’t been diagnosed. You can’t self diagnosed yourself”

I hear you, but depression is different than autism. I don't know if she's autistic or not. I do know she's trying to pass off her asshole qualities as being symptoms of something else. I'm pretty sure you weren't trying to use your depression to try and excuse the wrong shit you did in that period.

Perhaps it's insensitive to say "I probably have depression but life is shitty and fuck all that psychology kumbo-jumbo" to someone who's actually trying to deal with that psychology mumbo-jumbo in real time. Tf? It's like you're trying to gaslight him lol.

Symptoms are just symptoms until it's verified by a professional. There could be other symptoms you're not even aware you're having that might lead to a completely different diagnosis. It's not like you can walk into a pharmacy and tell them to give you medication for depression because you have the symptoms. That's not how things work.

Self diagnosing then downplaying dealing with the illness to someone else who is actively dealing said illness is absolutely crazy.
That wasn’t a conversation. I was having with somebody else, though that was a conversation I was having with myself.

Also, he had a situation a long time ago, where he got diagnosed, but pretty much he wasn’t taking care of that or doing anything about it way longer than me.

The level of hate people have for Amanda Seales is bizarre. She might come off as annoying and a little extra but it's not like she's out here eating babies and shit.

I want to give her a hug.

The level of hate people have for Amanda Seales is bizarre. She might come off as annoying and a little extra but it's not like she's out here eating babies and shit.

I want to give her a hug.
Well there you have it.

:js4:

Why do you guys keep doing this? If a bunch of strangers online can come to the conclusion ol girl is annoying af it's a her problem. Doesn't have to be deeper than that.

Back