Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED The Club Shay Shay Thread

test
A great many people that are of high intelligence, dare I say the overwhelming majority of us, are quite humble. We work regular jobs, run businesses here and there, and have a "normal" lot in life. The reason that I've come to find is that being labeled as "genius" or of high intelligence sets an expectation in society that many of us have no desire to live up to. True, it allows us to see the functional idiots in our everyday lives, but that doesn't mean "be a dick" off rip. Nope, it just means you see the world for what it is and you move according to what best suits you.

The person Amanda appears to be is someone that is "smart", but not very "intelligent". Smart people always feel as if they have something to prove, they have to show off that they know more, have read more, they regurgitate facts and figures they memorized. They are always in competition with those around them to show how much they know and to be better than them; these are the arrogant assholes you're thinking of. Nearly anyone can become smart through work.

The intelligent person isn't like that; we exist as we are, not showing off, not spouting off facts and figures. Intelligence yields ideas, abstractions, reasoning, and challenges to what's presented to them. People like this have a natural curiosity about the world around them, its many facets, and how it works. Intelligence is something you're really born with; it is your innate nature. It expresses itself in many ways but usually as a person that questions what they're taught and looks beyond the page in front of them. You can train yourself to be smart, but intelligence is something you're born with.

To put it another way: A smart person can about read and tell you what Nikola Tesla has done and to the average person this is impressive, an intelligent person can read his work, but has the capacity to understand it, can apply it, and seeks to improve it or to challenge it all together.
I feel what you are tryin to get across but I think you are projecting yourself onto things a bit much, as well as I might. But the reason a lot of intelligent people come across as assholes, is because…

So, NDT was on Amber Rose’s podcast. He’s smart enough to know who Amber Rose is, and smart enough to know who her audience is. She asked a question about Astrology, a pet peeve of his.

Now, the type of intellectual person you are thinking of is also emotionally and socially intelligent. Enough so, that they have empathy for those that require certain things within that element. That their own intelligence makes it so they don’t necessarily need it, cause facts don’t care about your feelings

He could have found a way to tell her and her audience, how the science doesn’t agree with a lot of the basics of astrology and then be empathetic as to why human beings desire to find meaning in life, because philosophy is also a subject he’s well verse in.

But because the logical objective facts are so above the nonense involved, he just rawly kinda shits on Amber and her audience. Leaving Amber to say that she just plays with astrology, but you can see how he made her feel.

And, in his life, neither she nor her fans matter, so..he doesn’t care. Most..intelligent people are like this. Not all, but most.

Good points and all, but I gotta tell you, I’m actually really intrigued by how someone could take the bolded as an insult. Not that you tried to insult anyone but you prefaced it like someone could take it as a shot.

The projected insult that someone isn’t talkin to someone for a long time?

doesn’t have someone who they can talk to for a long time?

Isn’t a attentive listener over an extended period of time?

Theres so many different ways to look at it, lol..ion know why but that shit is mad interesting
I'm saying like....me and best friend talk for hours at a time couple times a week. The convos aren't linear, don't follow any typa structure, we bounce around... and bc we're humans and not computers we say things that are inconsistent from one topic to the next. That's how long form conversations go with real ppl. Cuz we're tryna balance how we feel with how we think and sometimes the shit comes out messy. But at the end of the day we see what the other is saying and get the bigger picture of what is tryna be communicated.

like yea some ppl have fucked up tones and don't say things in a way that jives with how you would prefer to hear it. But are they causing harm or being a bad person just cuz you find them annoying. I feel like the internet is too easy of a place to weaponize perceived intent and put it that on the same level as bad actions.

Tl;dr we dont know how to be around each other anymore and that includes having space for ppl we may not like

I'm saying like....me and best friend talk for hours at a time couple times a week. The convos aren't linear, don't follow any typa structure, we bounce around... and bc we're humans and not computers we say things that are inconsistent from one topic to the next. That's how long form conversations go with real ppl. Cuz we're tryna balance how we feel with how we think and sometimes the shit comes out messy. But at the end of the day we see what the other is saying and get the bigger picture of what is tryna be communicated.

like yea some ppl have fucked up tones and don't say things in a way that jives with how you would prefer to hear it. But are they causing harm or being a bad person just cuz you find them annoying. I feel like the internet is too easy of a place to weaponize perceived intent and put it that on the same level as bad actions.

Tl;dr we dont know how to be around each other anymore and that includes having space for ppl we may not like
Oh, I see where I was confused, lol..you actually know decent kind hearted people

The bar for you as a baseline is in hell

I'm always caught off guard when you say things like this. I'm not trying to discount your experiences, it's just odd
Swear bro, it may not project cause of how I am on here, but in actuality, I’m intimidating to people in real life and good people are scared of me. I know, that if someone approaches me and interacts with me confidently. They don’t see me, they see them in me, in a way that they would want to be. So, I don’t meet many genuine and kind people. Sometimes I forget…no bullshit, shits not my perspective neither. People act different when I’m present, people act like they gotta impress me.

Swear bro, it may not project cause of how I am on here, but in actuality, I’m intimidating to people in real life and good people are scared of me. I know, that if someone approaches me and interacts with me confidently. They don’t see me, they see them in me, in a way that they would want to be. So, I don’t meet many genuine and kind people. Sometimes I forget…no bullshit, shits not my perspective neither. People act different when I’m present, people act like they gotta impress me.
Understood🫱🏿‍🫲🏾

I feel what you are tryin to get across but I think you are projecting yourself onto things a bit much, as well as I might. But the reason a lot of intelligent people come across as assholes, is because…

So, NDT was on Amber Rose’s podcast. He’s smart enough to know who Amber Rose is, and smart enough to know who her audience is. She asked a question about Astrology, a pet peeve of his.

Now, the type of intellectual person you are thinking of is also emotionally and socially intelligent. Enough so, that they have empathy for those that require certain things within that element. That their own intelligence makes it so they don’t necessarily need it, cause facts don’t care about your feelings

He could have found a way to tell her and her audience, how the science doesn’t agree with a lot of the basics of astrology and then be empathetic as to why human beings desire to find meaning in life, because philosophy is also a subject he’s well verse in.

But because the logical objective facts are so above the nonense involved, he just rawly kinda shits on Amber and her audience. Leaving Amber to say that she just plays with astrology, but you can see how he made her feel.

And, in his life, neither she nor her fans matter, so..he doesn’t care. Most..intelligent people are like this. Not all, but most.

I'mma keep it a buck... I'd prolly pull an NDT if someone interviewing me brought up astrology as well. It really is an irritant of mine, especially when niggas get all over the top with the shit talmbout houses, retrogrades, risings, and alladat malarkey.

But it's not about being "emotionally/socially intelligent" as it is speaking matter-of-factly and how people view it as being intentionally abrasive when the fact is you're grown as hell and I'm gonna give it to you straight and you, as an adult, should be able to accept that and take it as-is without piling extra layers on it that simply weren't there. Is he the one that's not being emotionally/socially intelligent or is it Amber and her audience for being as old as they are and not being able to handle a straight shooter??? At a point you don't need to be coddled nor should you expect everyone to coddle you and since everyone in the room was grown, let's talk as adults do.

Nah bro. If you haven't been diagnosed, you don't get to throw that out there to excuse your actions.
I see what you’re saying, but I had depression for a long time and I pretty much knew I had depression, but nobody would listen to me fully as far as idiot friends and some family until I paid money to go to a doctor and they told me “you have depression.” And I’m like “nigga duhhhhhh”

People were like “you’re just lazy and sad. You haven’t been diagnosed. You can’t self diagnosed yourself”

Last edited:
I see what you’re saying, but I had depression for a long time and I pretty much knew I had depression, but nobody would listen to me fully as far as idiot friends and some family until I paid money to go to a doctor and told me “you have depression.” And I’m like nigga duhhhhhh

People were like “you’re just lazy and sad. You haven’t been diagnosed. You can’t self diagnosed yourself”
I agree and I wanted to say this too...like idk why she would say publicly she was diagnosed when she wasn't, however if you research a disorder and you fit the criteria along with a therapist saying yea you exhibit these signs...in the words of dr umar why do you need white man paperworkkkkk

Back