Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we know how we do it either.

In grad school I had to teach college students. I'm not a teacher, but at least in that case I had leeway to ease my nerves by talking shit to them when they were being slow. You can't do that with little kids. I really lack patience when it comes to conveying simple concepts and my 6 y/o daughter is smart, but she's got the attention span of a fruit fly. That's a bad combination.

When I help her with her homework, it typically goes something like:

Me: Which one is greater, 12 or 6.
Her: 6
Me: No, greater means bigger. You know that 12 is greater than 6. Try again. Which one is greater 0 or 9?
Her: 0
Me: What the...No! 0 is literally nothing. Everything is greater than that. How can you not know that?
Her: We are just learning about this Daddy.
Me: *calms down* Aight, you right. My bad. Aight, how can I explain this? I thought people just came out of the womb understanding this. Ok, check it. When you get the number, just count. Whichever one comes later is greater. Hell yeah, that rhymes so I know you can remember that. The greater number is later in your count and the one that is less than comes first. Ok. You got any questions?
Her: Yeah
Me: Ok, what is it?
Her: How come they have Moana and Mulan on NetFlix, but they don't have Frozen and Tiana?
Me: .......................................................................Man, I should have pulled out.
Her: Huh?
Me: I...I said they pulled them out of the rotation or something...I don't know. Go play.
Her: Yay

In grad school I had to teach college students. I'm not a teacher, but at least in that case I had leeway to ease my nerves by talking shit to them when they were being slow. You can't do that with little kids. I really lack patience when it comes to conveying simple concepts and my 6 y/o daughter is smart, but she's got the attention span of a fruit fly. That's a bad combination.

When I help her with her homework, it typically goes something like:

Me: Which one is greater, 12 or 6.
Her: 6
Me: No, greater means bigger. You know that 12 is greater than 6. Try again. Which one is greater 0 or 9?
Her: 0
Me: What the...No! 0 is literally nothing. Everything is greater than that. How can you not know that?
Her: We are just learning about this Daddy.
Me: *calms down* Aight, you right. My bad. Aight, how can I explain this? I thought people just came out of the womb understanding this. Ok, check it. When you get the number, just count. Whichever one comes later is greater. Hell yeah, that rhymes so I know you can remember that. The greater number is later in your count and the one that is less than comes first. Ok. You got any questions?
Her: Yeah
Me: Ok, what is it?
Her: How come they have Moana and Mulan on NetFlix, but they don't have Frozen and Tiana?
Me: .......................................................................Man, I should have pulled out.
Her: Huh?
Me: I...I said they pulled them out of the rotation or something...I don't know. Go play.
Her: Yay
This is every single day!!!

Imagine telling a kid or a group of kids an answer right out. Like literally writing the shit down on the board for them to see and all of them getting it wrong.

Like literally on the board it says
+13
———-

And then ask what’s 13+13 and they all like
DC7D1085-9CEC-4DCD-BDDA-23DE12525599.gif

Last edited:
Using an audio book to learn Chinese, I tried to do Spanish first. That shit...how a word can have two different ways of sounding, based on the intentions in conversations..

It taught me the word you and used it in a sentence, then say ok now say this sentence.

"That ball is too high for you"

So I said the sentence and you is a totally different word. My memory ain't good enough to remember how to say one word three different ways

Using an audio book to learn Chinese, I tried to do Spanish first. That shit...how a word can have two different ways of sounding, based on the intentions in conversations..

It taught me the word you and used it in a sentence, then say ok now say this sentence.

"That ball is too high for you"

So I said the sentence and you is a totally different word. My memory ain't good enough to remember how to say one word three different ways
A number of people I know are thoroughly enjoying duolingo. I haven't tried it myself but thought I'd mention it.

yep....

has dude said anything to defend her since he started smashing?

nope, it would be dumb.. the guy behind the quotations is a dude who puts that “style” of writing on everything he does... it’s even on Serena’s tennis clothing and shoes, it’s on bottles and jackets.. it’s just a thing...

example

aight so it was unsportsmanlike and allat but shit that was smooth lmao

i dont know shit about what happened but that was definitely a payback move

he wasnt even worried about the shot, he had been waiting to do that the last few plays lol

"good form, jack.....hold dis"

nah

dude was pissed he missed the shot

i thought he may have gotten fouled, but if you shooting that far away from the basket and the ball go over the rim, yo ass just took a bad shot. If he was fouled that ball dont go nowhere near the rim

nah

dude was pissed he missed the shot

i thought he may have gotten fouled, but if you shooting that far away from the basket and the ball go over the rim, yo ass just took a bad shot. If he was fouled that ball dont go nowhere near the rim

Dude must of thought he was on 2K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back