Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a historical fact that the vast majority of black people that came to California in the 19th and 20th centuries were from texas.

Not sure why but its interesting

This was caused by the Great Migration. During the Great Depression / Jim Crow era, black folk left the South in droves to start a new life for economic and equality reasons. "The Warmth of Other Suns" is a great book that goes into detail about the Great Migration. Just started reading it last week.

https://priceonomics.com/the-great-migration-the-african-american-exodus/
Los Angeles and San Francisco received migrants from the states furthest West. Of the more than 70,000 African Americans living in Los Angeles in 1940, 40% were born in either Texas, Louisiana or Oklahoma.

I was at Maryvale laundromat just now, and I had a conversation with the coolest 85 year old lady ever. What a way to start the day

tumblr_p9s2qey71F1qd42iqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p9s2qey71F1qd42iqo2_1280.jpg

Lol I found those randomly. Coyote didn't have any injuries. Just hitched a ride

Word?? Looks like blood on tha pavement...so this coyote think he a baby Joey and that car is a momma Kangaroo?! This gotta be from Florida lmao hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back