Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're having too much fun
I am. This shit is exciting.

I was pissed off when I had to buy this damn kit for this class but I'm happy about it now.
Now, i know what water is clean and shit. I don't know what this plant shit is about but I am ready.

Based on my research tap water has 120mg of Alkaline. Dasani 80 and Fiji 40.

Also Fiji water has iron in it and 100ppms of phosphate. Fiji water has the same amount of chlorine in it as tap water.

Alkalinity is measured in PH not miligrams. If you said 120 mg of alkaline substances then that would make sense but other wise it doesn't

Last edited:
Akalinity is measured in PH not miligrams. If you said 120 mg of akaline substances then that would make sense but other wise it doesn't
Always a smartass.

here is the test strip sample I had to use to test AND measure based on my experiment, college professor.

upload_2018-6-11_16-47-33.png

(mg/L) being what we measured it by.
Total alkalinity is measured by collecting a water sample, and measuring the amount of acid needed to bring the sample to a pH of 4.2. At this pH all the alkaline compounds in the sample are "used up." The result is reported as milligrams per liter (mg/l) of calcium carbonate.

Always a smartass.

here is the test strip sample I had to use to test AND measure based on my experiment, college professor.

View attachment 51381

(mg/L) being what we measured it by.
Total alkalinity is measured by collecting a water sample, and measuring the amount of acid needed to bring the sample to a pH of 4.2. At this pH all the alkaline compounds in the sample are "used up." The result is reported as milligrams per liter (mg/l) of calcium carbonate.

AF5FED18-218D-4B6E-94A3-E68637F5A05C.gif

I find myself downloading a lot of hip hop songs from the 90's.

Not really the mainstream ones. Mostly the ones that some radio play, but majority of them got played on Rap City. Man ole man...the gems that were dropped during that time.

Last edited:
The wizard is right. Alkalinity is just PH. I didnt want to say anything earlier, because im not a shit head.

Niggas correct each others tiny ass spelling mistakes all day and lol about it but if I help her understand chemistry better I'm the bad guy lol.

I dont speak about shit I dont know about. Dont mistake that for knowing everything because I'm keenly aware of what I dont know ma'am @Kandy.

Be mad tho.

I'm not gonna go back and forth with a mf who clearly just basically said I was right. If it was measured in pH then why would I be given a unit to measure it by in class?
Oh also, the Concentration of Calcium Carbonate is what measures alkalinity. Which is measured by (mg/l) not pH. pH and alkalinity aren't the same. If they were, I wouldn't have to had measured them both.

ph measures the amount of acid while alkalinity is the ability of your solution (water) to resist the effects of acid. That is, alkalinity is the measure of how well buffered your water is. While pH is the measure of H+ (acid or base) in the water.

pH and alkalinity aren't the same thing. Sorry,not sorry if I'm not gonna take your word over my college professors.

I'm not gonna go back and forth with a mf who clearly just basically said I was right. If it was measured in pH then why would I be given a unit to measure it by in class?
Oh also, the Concentration of Calcium Carbonate is what measures alkalinity. Which is measured by (mg/l) not pH. pH and alkalinity aren't the same. If they were, I wouldn't have to had measured them both.

ph measures the amount of acid while alkalinity is the ability of your solution (water) to resist the effects of acid. That is, alkalinity is the measure of how well buffered your water is. While pH is the measure of H+ (acid or base) in the water.

You're going to get offended if I correct u here too so I'll leave it at that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back