Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wondered why they tell people to leave when newscasters be reporting live outside in the middle of the storm.

I always stay, you just gotta know your area and if its prone to flooding. I haven't had any problems

Sometimes it’s not as bad as they say it will be. Some people can’t just up and leave. Sometimes it’s a little too late.

Last time in Houston, hurricane Rita they told us to evacuate hundreds of people died on a freeway trying to leave and the hurricane didn’t even hit us. It took a three hour trip to Dallas damn near 20 hours to get to.

Makes sense. Thanks

Where? Idk, out of reach of the hurricane?

I guess getting a motel or even sleeping in a car for the weekend is way beyond many people's reach.

Struggle must be real
you're doing it again

edit: I see you got clarification

Sometimes it’s not as bad as they say it will be. Some people can’t just up and leave. Sometimes it’s a little too late.

Last time in Houston, hurricane Rita they told us to evacuate hundreds of people died on a freeway trying to leave and the hurricane didn’t even hit us. It took a three hour trip to Dallas damn near 20 hours to get to.
Rita was that bullshit, people were scared because it was right after Katrina. Took us like 12-15 to get to tyler, my old man stayed and said nothing really happened

Rita was that bullshit, people were scared because it was right after Katrina. Took us like 12-15 to get to tyler, my old man stayed and said nothing really happened
Nothing happened. A lot of my people left town. I stayed and we just got a little rain.

What's "it?"

the whole "why dont people just leave" stuff

I touched on it earlier in this thread

but its really annoying when people out of town have this mindset. But Kandy basically reiterated to you what we were talking about after I made that remark.

I wasnt trying to say you specifically fwiw

the whole "why dont people just leave" stuff

I touched on it earlier in this thread

but its really annoying when people out of town have this mindset. But Kandy basically reiterated to you what we were talking about after I made that remark.

I wasnt trying to say you specifically fwiw

Not really here enough to have read your post, or else it wouldn't have been asked.

Your annoyance either way means nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back