Votes: 42 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • On the fence

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters
nigga said ion wanna see it lol

then close your eyes mf

if it ain't hurtin nun but your feelings what's the issue?

I said what I said. I didn't bring the thread up. I'm not supposed to respond because of how you might feel or the fact you can't read sarcasm?

🤔

This....

How self centered you gotta be to think strangers should dress up for you?
Besides the initial tweet and Monique, I don't think the people here that are saying bonnets are ghetto, would actually be in favor of forcing people to change how they dress. That's..."neurodivergent". If there was an option like "it's ghetto, but that's their prerogative", I would have chosen that.

People can wear what they want to wear, just like how people can think how they want to think. Twitter no like that, though. I don't care what people do outside of my family, tbh.

This is the most energy I've ever spent on this topic in my life. When I see a woman with a bonnet on in public or a guy with his pants sagging, I think to myself "Look at this hoodrat, lol". That shit lasts a split second and I carry on my day.

Besides the initial tweet and Monique, I don't think the people here that are saying bonnets are ghetto, would actually be in favor of forcing people to change how they dress. That's..."neurodivergent". If there was an option like "it's ghetto, but that's their prerogative", I would have chosen that.

People can wear what they want to wear, just like how people can think how they want to think. Twitter no like that, though. I don't care what people do outside of my family, tbh.

This is the most energy I've ever spent on this topic in my life. When I see a woman with a bonnet on in public or a guy with his pants sagging, I think to myself "Look at this hoodrat, lol". That shit lasts a split second and I carry on my day.

and society got you looking at your people that way

sad.

decenter whiteness

stop bringing up YT when discussing Black folks.

There's a whole site devoted to white folks in their shittiest state called People of Walmart. They're no different than us, so stop bringing them up as if we place them on some sort of cultural/societal pedestal or some shit. Like YT is the gold standard of how to appear in public. Nah, that's y'alls subconscious self-hate coming through.

nigga said ion wanna see it lol

then close your eyes mf

if it ain't hurtin nun but your feelings what's the issue?

"If it ain't hurting nobody" is one of the shittiest retorts and nothing more than a deflection. It's a way of saying "lemme be lazy". Something doesn't have to hurt or harm anyone to be undesirable. I get it, niggas wanna be lazy and step out wearing whatever was on the floor next to the bed. That's cool, and nobody't stopping any of y'all from doing that; you have that right to do so. But at the same time, everyone else has the right to judge you for it, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Niggas know damn well if their mom showed up to school dressed that way back in the day they would be embarrassed so don't act like it's ok now

Time and place

The OP talked about the airport

If wearing pj bottoms and slides is seen as normal for an airport then I don’t see why a bonnet is an issue

I don't see why this is a thing. Like why you care what the next person is wearing and doing. Them looking a mess is their business. Would I want my lady going to a restaurant to pick up dinner looking like she just woke up to make breakfast no BUT the world not going to end. I'm in either boxers and wife beaters every day or sweats and wife beater every day. If I go to the store sweats, Nike slides and durag is my fit

"If it ain't hurting nobody" is one of the shittiest retorts and nothing more than a deflection. It's a way of saying "lemme be lazy". Something doesn't have to hurt or harm anyone to be undesirable. I get it, niggas wanna be lazy and step out wearing whatever was on the floor next to the bed. That's cool, and nobody't stopping any of y'all from doing that; you have that right to do so. But at the same time, everyone else has the right to judge you for it, and there's nothing you can do about it.

guess what?

I don't get paid to impress you

:hahaha:

I saw a mother and what I'm assuming were her two kids out grocery shopping with these on. Speaking as someone who didn't know what they're for at the time, my first thought was that it looks like they wearing a shower cap on their head and it's weird all three of em had the same hat thing on.

The shit ain't a big deal at all. A bonnet, scarf whatever is made to protect hair. Why not let it do it's job if you may not want your hair shown or simply didnt feel like doing your hair just to run to McDonald's.

Back