Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 06-21-24

It's good but it tries to be Goodfellas a bit and that hurts it because it's not Goodfellas. The story is almost completely made up, very loosely "inspired" by true events so.....why not make it more interesting? People gonna hate the ending lol

Also Tom Hardy is great but he needs to come up with a non-Venom American accent already. Enough. Do the Bane voice or something damn

Austin Butler is definitely HIM right now tho

It was a lot more documentary than I was expecting. Wonder if they didn't want it to look so much like SOA. Even though it still did lol

Like you could pick people in the movies that resembled characters in SOA lol

I watched it in theaters. I liked it. I’d probz give it a B+. Jeff Nichols does rural imagery so well and does so much artsy shit with these boring mundane landscapes I grew up in.

Michael Shannon needed more screen time. He’s just too damn good. Ya know when you get super high and it seems like you can see the acting? I don’t think I could get high enough to see Michael Shannon’s acting.

Just finished watching. Thought it was a very solid film. Felt like it was partly about the evolution of a bike gang. It was all about brotherhood and solidarity but then it got bastardized. I know Austin Butler is the star and it shows in this but I thought the standout of the film was Jodie Comer

⭐⭐⭐½

Last edited:
I thought Boyd and Norman's characters were gonna get in trouble for nearly getting Jodie's character gangraped

Just finished watching. Thought it was a very solid film. Felt like it was partly about the evolution of a bike gang. It was all about brotherhood and solidarity but then it got bastardized. I know Austin Butler is the star of the film and it shows in this but I thought the standout of the film was Jodie Comer

⭐⭐⭐½
If you liked this and want a deeper story with a bunch of drama then I'd recommend Sons of Anarchy

Jodie and Tom (his Capone accent) went all in with the accents lol. Austin was like 'Nah, I'll just keep my husky voice as is'

Rambunctious to Rough

PRAISE: I think this movie about A Midwestern motorcycle club that slowly but surely evolves is a blend of the Song The Leader of the Pack ,the movie The Lords of Flatbush and then the added topping of the TV show Son's of Anarchy. The story Told through Kathy Bauer (Jodie Comer whos very good and commits to her role) who develops a relationship with Benny (Austin Butler whos off and on effective in the movie when given the time to do so) includes leader of the Chicago Vandals Biker Club, Johnny (Tom Hardy a performance basically in the same lane as Butlers). There are some good moments with Boyd Holbrook,Michael Shannon and Norman Reedus .There's such an easy going ,tongue and cheek vibe to the movie that I really enjoyed, so much so it was jarring but effective when the movie takes some dark turns. As aforementioned it was a changing time in the period of 1965 to 1973 on which this movie and book is based. The effect of Vietnam, new blood coming in and that hungered for something more from some of the Bike Riders. Some of that hunger was clean cut ambitions, some of it was sinister and then some. There were definitely some revelations i had no idea about when it came to the codes of the bike rider clubs.The tug of war of wanting to be loyal to the club or just having a simple job and family is brought out in the film in an effective way.

PROBLEMS: More character development was definitely needed. Parts of the lives of The Riders are just touched on with a few sentences and that really effected how I felt about certain characters when they were headed down dark paths or when I was supposed to feel something for them. There were moments that I felt were ultra predictable,some as soon as a character was introduced I knew what their whole story path would be.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

Back