Welcome To aBlackWeb

The #ADOS Movement

Obviously we don't know if its a topic conversation outside of here.

ijs when the majority think African American they not thinking white South Africans I mean if you want to be super literal with it yes. But most people know who an African American is

ijs when the majority think African American they not thinking white South Africans I mean if you want to be super literal with it yes. But most people know who an African American is

I know exactly what you saying and been getting at.

My thing is the bold can't be brushed off at if you want to be "super literal". When you defining what we as a race are to be called being super literal is exactly what you want to be. Can't play around with words when you telling the world what we would like to be addressed as and a white african person could easily fall into that category as well.

I get what you saying and its not that necessarily disagree with you just giving a different point of view because it will be a discussion to be had among our people.

This is another reason why fba/ados chooses to differentiate. Ppl wanna be black when its convenient

Disgusting. Disgraceful.

This is the shit I don't like. When we say that this ADOS shit just exists to drive a wedge in black unity, this is the problem. Yes, descendants of slavery should advocate for our unique needs, but why do they feel the need to snipe at other blacks. Like how many black immigrants are on that shit? I know plenty of african and island immigrants and none of them act like that.

look like some divisive bs
Exactly. It's like I was telling yall. Black immigrants are the initiators of the bad blood. ADOS/FBA react to it. Everyone in that clip was adamant about American blacks not receiving reparations simply because they are not entitled to them so fuck being on code with us because they would still benefit, they're gonna roll with white supremacy

Reactions: L8R
Exactly. It's like I was telling yall. Black immigrants are the initiators of the bad blood. ADOS/FBA react to it. Everyone in that clip was adamant about American blacks not receiving reparations simply because they are not entitled to them so fuck being on code with us because they would still benefit, they're gonna roll with white supremacy

You're basing that on cherry picked examples of immigrants though. Keep in mind, there are descendants of slavery that say the same things, so you going to say all African Americans are the enemy too?

This is the shit I don't like. When we say that this ADOS shit just exists to drive a wedge in black unity, this is the problem. Yes, descendants of slavery should advocate for our unique needs, but why do they feel the need to snipe at other blacks. Like how many black immigrants are on that shit? I know plenty of african and island immigrants and none of them act like that.
Huh? Those immigrants have a platform and influence obviously. How many more immigrants have watched these broadcasts and have been swayed by them?? Come on.

You're basing that on cherry picked examples of immigrants though. Keep in mind, there are descendants of slavery that say the same things, so you going to say all African Americans are the enemy too?
I'm of the opinion that any human being speaking against reparations for black Americans is an enemy of black Americans and they are doing it for white approval in some fashion.

Huh? Those immigrants have a platform and influence obviously. How many more immigrants have watched these broadcasts and have been swayed by them?? Come on.

I don't know, but I'm betting you don't either, so let's not act like those people are swaying the entire African Diaspora against us without just cause.

I'm of the opinion that any human being speaking against reparations for black Americans is an enemy of black Americans and they are doing it for white approval in some fashion.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I understand the sentiment. I'm just saying that if you can acknowledge a few African Americans being like that don't mean all African Americans are like that, then you should be able to acknowledge the same for black immigrants.

I don't know, but I'm betting you don't either, so let's not act like those people are swaying the entire African Diaspora against us without just cause.
Bruh. Those people were on TV in the 1st place for a reason. They are running interference for white supremacy and you're brushing it off like it's nothing

Bruh. Those people were on TV in the 1st place for a reason. They are running interference for white supremacy and you're brushing it off like it's nothing

I'm not brushing it off. They are the enemy. Nobody disagrees there, but you and others are acting like their actions are proof that all black immigrants are the enemy. Those people aren't any different than a Candace Owens, so just like you can't use her to indict the whole African American community, you can't use these immigrant plants to demonize that whole community.

I'm not brushing it off. They are the enemy. Nobody disagrees there, but you and others are acting like their actions are proof that all black immigrants are the enemy. Those people aren't any different than a Candace Owens, so just like you can't use her to indict the whole African American community, you can't use these immigrant plants to demonize that whole community.
I don't mean to speak in absolutes but I'll bet you this... They may not all oppose us but You won't find an immigrant with a media platform who is vigorously in favor of reparations for black Americans. That same energy aint there. I don't feel the solidarity

Descendants of slaves dont have it worse than blacks that are not Descendants of slaves. Just saying

All treated the same.

I don't mean to speak in absolutes but I'll bet you this... They may not all oppose us but You won't find an immigrant with a media platform who is vigorously in favor of reparations for black Americans. That same energy aint there. I don't feel the solidarity

That's a fair statement, and it's probably true, but let's be real, most groups aren't going to vigorously champion something that doesn't benefit them.

Descendants of slaves dont have it worse than blacks that are not Descendants of slaves. Just saying

All treated the same.

That's partially right. I think its true that ADOS and non-ADOS are largely treated the same. It's not like a cop is going to check which a black person is before beating a suspect's ass. That said, it doesn't mean there aren't challenges that ADOS face that non-ADOS don't face. For example, you hear a lot of immigrants that do take shots at ADOS saying things like "You guys were born here and haven't done anything. I came here with nothing and managed to make something." The problem with that line of thinking is that they don't acknowledge that a lot of ADOS born here are basically born with less than nothing. So, when those immigrants come here with nothing, they are already in a better position. Also, you can probably go to places in the greater African diaspora and find better schools and resources than what you see in the African American communities, so again they often have a leg up when coming to the U.S.

Back