Welcome To aBlackWeb

The #ADOS Movement

bruh it sounds like nationalism. Black American descendants of slaves are the vast majority of the black people in America we don’t need a hash tag. We are the default. It’s like White Anglo Saxons making a hash tag and saying Irish and German Americans can’t be in it. What is ados doing specifically for us. It’s seems like division. And pointless because it’s not like other black groups have the power to hurt us or even care too.

how we supposed to be pro black but then say nah this ain’t your party. Even further we added slave to the name but we can’t include Caribbean and South American blacks. To me it seems like we asking to be catered to or made to feel more special.

and why we can’t just say African American? Does adding slavery add a lil extra pain to it to make it real.

my point is you say this is to differentiate from other groups but we like 95% of the black people. How this help us fight crackers?

You and I don't agree on much but on this we do... attempting to separate African Americans and African/Black Immigrants is silly, divisive and does more harm than good imo. It accomplishes NOTHING but more division that we can't afford to have

Why should black immigrants be entitled to reparations for Americans descendants of slaves? Immigrants should get like us and press their home countries. Why would you deserve reparations from this country when your ancestors weren't shipped to this country?

and further a lot of slaves in VA came from the Caribbean. Slavery was intertwined with settling every country on this side of the world. You think they wernt working together to oppress all of us?

bruh it sounds like nationalism. Black American descendants of slaves are the vast majority of the black people in America we don’t need a hash tag. We are the default. It’s like White Anglo Saxons making a hash tag and saying Irish and German Americans can’t be in it. What is ados doing specifically for us. It’s seems like division. And pointless because it’s not like other black groups have the power to hurt us or even care too.

how we supposed to be pro black but then say nah this ain’t your party. Even further we added slave to the name but we can’t include Caribbean and South American blacks. To me it seems like we asking to be catered to or made to feel more special.

and why we can’t just say African American? Does adding slavery add a lil extra pain to it to make it real.

my point is you say this is to differentiate from other groups but we like 95% of the black people. How this help us fight crackers?
It's not about division it's about specificity...

We are a very distinct group of people. You say let's be all African American but if you look on social media African and caribbean immigrants have their flags in their profiles and bios because they are proudly repping and DIFFERENTIATING themselves. I honestly don't understand what the big deal is, Mexicans aint puerto ricans and puerto ricans aint Dominicans. When it's time for those individual countries to pay dues you aint gonna hear "we're all latino".

You're making this a personal thing, when it's strictly business. Its all about lineage not feelings. You keep acting as if this is a malicious act and its just not.

thing is no black person outside the us has expected or asked the us for reparations. It’s a non issue.
Bruh that's y I ain't een answer this nigga.
I'm so confused on y'all(some) thinking we're your competition. Until I even open my mouth to speak just about everyone I've come in contact with think I'm born and bread here.

For the last time keep y'all imaginary reparations man

It's not about division it's about specificity...

We are a very distinct group of people. You say let's be all African American but if you look on social media African and caribbean immigrants have their flags in their profiles and bios because they are proudly repping and DIFFERENTIATING themselves. I honestly don't understand what the big deal is, Mexicans aint puerto ricans and puerto ricans aint Dominicans. When it's time for those individual countries to pay dues you aint gonna hear "we're all latino".

You're making this a personal thing, when it's strictly business. Its all about lineage not feelings. You keep acting as if this is a malicious act and its just not.

Nobody stopping us from putting flags up. I’m not saying everybody is African American but I don’t see why we gotta be ados and not African American. Pointless semantics. Furthermore anytime any politician or anything address to black Americans they were talking about ados. We are the majority we don’t need hash tags and flags they do that because of numbers. I really feel like you not seeing my point like it’s a slight to lineage or something and it’s really not.

Bruh that's y I ain't een answer this nigga.
I'm so confused on y'all(some) thinking we're your competition. Until I even open my mouth to speak just about everyone I've come in contact with think I'm born and bread here.

For the last time keep y'all imaginary reparations man

Marcus Garvey who was a forefather to the civil right movement was Jamaican. Like idk the purpose of this shit. We trying to be the white people of black people or something

Marcus Garvey who was a forefather to the civil right movement was Jamaican. Like idk the purpose of this shit. We trying to be the white people of black people or something
Glad u said it and not I.
Maybe some of massa rubbed off on all of us. Cause american blacks definitely got their ways. This we're special and nobody else is is all y'all and I'm certain yardies get stigmatized for being a certain way too whether its true or not.

Shit is annoying tho. Dr Anderson said it best, just the fact that we don't see each other as a family makes it easier to keep us where we are.

ADOS has become a questionable political group unfortunately.
It no longer appears to only be about defining a lineage/ethnicity.
Yvette and Antoine are declaring themselves leaders, establishing chapters, and such to an end I no longer know.
They are also suspected of stealing ADOS from a man named, Norris Shelton.
And appear to be going the route of BLM and I can't say if it will benefit black people.
This is all in addition to other information that's come to light.
I don't rock with them on that level and anyone that chooses to should be wary.

ADOS has become a questionable political group unfortunately.
It no longer appears to only be about defining a lineage/ethnicity.
Yvette and Antoine are declaring themselves leaders, establishing chapters, and such to an end I no longer know.
They are also suspected of stealing ADOS from a man named, Norris Shelton.
And appear to be going the route of BLM and I can't say if it will benefit black people.
This is all in addition to other information that's come to light.
I don't rock with them on that level and anyone that chooses to should be wary.

I think in principle the ADOS movement was fine. African Americans do have unique challenges and concerns with respect to the rest of the diaspora. My problem with ADOS was always with the way they promoted it. It seemed to be very antagonistic towards non-African American blacks. Just because we have things that we want to deal with that don't concern other blacks doesn't mean we should be trying to alienate ourselves from other blacks. Given that way of thinking, I'm not surprised that some form of cancer has grown within that community.

I think in principle the ADOS movement was fine. African Americans do have unique challenges and concerns with respect to the rest of the diaspora. My problem with ADOS was always with the way they promoted it. It seemed to be very antagonistic towards non-African American blacks. Just because we have things that we want to deal with that don't concern other blacks doesn't mean we should be trying to alienate ourselves from other blacks. Given that way of thinking, I'm not surprised that some form of cancer has grown within that community.

I could easily be wrong but I don't think that was done by ADOS though. IMO ADOS just want to be separate when it comes to the case of reparations from america and nothing else. Folks took that as they weren't fucking with any other black people who weren't ADOS when I don't think that was true.

I mean they do have a point when a lot of non american black people come to america reap some benefits of the civil rights movements then look down on black americans saying we not doing enough with all the opportunities that we have here. There is some truth to that statement but also some bullshit as well.

• Cap
Reactions: GNS
I could easily be wrong but I don't think that was done by ADOS though. IMO ADOS just want to be separate when it comes to the case of reparations from america and nothing else. Folks took that as they weren't fucking with any other black people who weren't ADOS when I don't think that was true.

I mean they do have a point when a lot of non american black people come to america reap some benefits of the civil rights movements then look down on black americans saying we not doing enough with all the opportunities that we have here. There is some truth to that statement but also some bullshit as well.

Like I wouldn't say that the ADOS as a whole were responsible, but you know there were people claiming that movement that were talking reckless. We had threads about it here. Like they'd pull up a random incident with a Jamaican or African or some other random black person and then be like "See we can't trust them. That's why we need ADOS." I think the comparison to BLM is a good one because they had a lot of that kinda thing too. Like when one of the chicks that supposedly started the movement came out and said something to the effect of not wanting nonblacks at the marches. Like that's just stupid, and I actually understand why she was saying it, but she went about it in a really dumb way. My thing with a lot of the movements with blacks and progressives in general is that there are a lot of people with good ideas and passion, but not a lot of leaders and orgazination. So people start something that could be good but then torpedo it with their stupidity.

Yeah, the civil war still raging...

She straight lying. That's just false. Tariq introduced myself and a lot of black people to Yvette and tone. Never heard of them before the Tariq retweets. He was cosigning them to the fullest until he figured out they were an LGBT group/Democratic plants.

Who the criteria for this?

Like your parents were shipped to America and left last 2 years not eligible?

There so many questions

She straight lying. That's just false. Tariq introduced myself and a lot of black people to Yvette and tone. Never heard of them before the Tariq retweets. He was cosigning them to the fullest until he figured out they were an LGBT group/Democratic plants.

Zo Williams put Antonio Moore on IMO shit ain't have nothing to do with Tariq from how I found out about dude.

I found out Yvette Carnell from Boyce Watkins.

Tariq trying to give himself more credit than he deserves and act like he got more sway than he really does IMO with that comment of giving them clout and taking it back from them.

Back