Welcome To aBlackWeb

The #ADOS Movement

That's a fair statement, and it's probably true, but let's be real, most groups aren't going to vigorously champion something that doesn't benefit them.

That's partially right. I think its true that ADOS and non-ADOS are largely treated the same. It's not like a cop is going to check which a black person is before beating a suspect's ass. That said, it doesn't mean there aren't challenges that ADOS face that non-ADOS don't face. For example, you hear a lot of immigrants that do take shots at ADOS saying things like "You guys were born here and haven't done anything. I came here with nothing and managed to make something." The problem with that line of thinking is that they don't acknowledge that a lot of ADOS born here are basically born with less than nothing. So, when those immigrants come here with nothing, they are already in a better position. Also, you can probably go to places in the greater African diaspora and find better schools and resources than what you see in the African American communities, so again they often have a leg up when coming to the U.S.

If a black person came here after slavery in 1900. They are no advantage and suffer the same under white folks.

Yea you can for 1st generation blacks that are here didnt. But the ones that been here for 100 years are not decedents of slaves but its no difference how they were treated and what they had access to

Exactly. It's like I was telling yall. Black immigrants are the initiators of the bad blood. ADOS/FBA react to it. Everyone in that clip was adamant about American blacks not receiving reparations simply because they are not entitled to them so fuck being on code with us because they would still benefit, they're gonna roll with white supremacy

I can’t say that tho because any immigrant who don’t believe in reparations is foolish and no reason to be listened too

If a black person came here after slavery in 1900. They are no advantage and suffer the same under white folks.

Yea you can for 1st generation blacks that are here didnt. But the ones that been here for 100 years are not decedents of slaves but its no difference how they were treated and what they had access to

Fair enough.

Back