Welcome To aBlackWeb

The only female character in star wars I have an issue with is Rey, it was just the way they wrote her character that didn't do right by her.

It was general overall for Star Wars. One example is the books had a bigger family with the Skywalker family. For this show specifically there's a bunch of characters not in the books
As far as this show goes it's not really a lot to go on as far as the high republic era, they just started within the last maybe 4 or 5 years on this era. Disney can play around with this while bringing in an already established character like Vern Rwoh

Bruh the Witcher too

I at least understand the logic with LotR and the Witcher. Those are stories in European or European inspired settings. So those people feel like inserting nonwhites into those settings is something akin to cultural appropriation. They also use the stupid example of having white people in Wakanda. I think they are wrong as Europe was never as devoid of nonwhite people as white people seem to think.

There's no logic to thinking that way with Star Wars though, since that universe always had people of different races. At the end of the day, a lot of these fanbases used to be vastly populated by white dudes, and a lot of them don't like the outreach to others.

Back