Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2023-2024 Los Angeles Lakers Thread (See you in 24-25)

I'm not accepting age as an excuse for the piss poor defense that has plagued the first quarters. It's the first quarter!

I’m not saying it’s 100% age but for whatever reason we never match the other teams effort and energy to start the game, I think a lot of that is because teams still get real excited to play us

It’s a bunch of reasons for us not being good this year I’m just saying thats one of them

Wishlist for this offseason:

1. Offload Russ
2. Keep Malik, Austin and Stanley

I'm not totally out on THT but if he needs to be sent away to make either 1 or 2 on my list happen, oh well.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet on this thread but I now often think about what would’ve been if the Lakers had held firm to their draft picks they’ve had since 2014 (Julius Randle & Jordan Clarkson).

Now I’d imagine since the Lakers hold on to D-Lo, A: there’d be less of a need for Lonzo in 2017 which makes Jayson Tatum an easier choice & B: no Kyle Kuzma due to no Brooklyn trade.

So you’re looking at Russell, Tatum, Ingram, Randle and probably Zubac starting, with Clarkson, Hart & Nance off the bench.

Is that a championship squad? To me no& I don’t know who the coach would be but it would’ve been easier to get a high profile free agent to come to LA.

Looking towards the off-season, Westbrook is gone. But I want to see what LA can get for AD too. Would ya want him to get traded as well? At this point I'm leaning towards a full reset (which includes letting Bron leave too)

Looking towards the off-season, Westbrook is gone. But I want to see what LA can get for AD too. Would ya want him to get traded as well? At this point I'm leaning towards a full reset (which includes letting Bron leave too)
nah. Hold on to AD (and Lebron). Just build a better team around them and not the bullshit we did last offseason. Most of us were against the Westbrook trade, did not take a Rocket scientist to know that was going to end bad.

Well, that was fun.

Vogel and Pelinka should go. Hopefully they hire a legit front office person and not someone who has to learn on the job.

No Doc Rivers, I am ok with Quin Synder.

Monk, AR15, and johnson should return. I'm 50/50 on lebron.

Everybody else including pelinka and Vogel need to go.

I'm not blaming Rob P because he had the right trade lined up. Players were expecting to be sent north and everything. I have to know what was said to make them pivot to the dumbest trade I've seen them make in all my years of fandom.

Back