Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

these dumb cacs been playin checkers every step of the way with this retarded coup attempt lol

I bet the republicans were in on that motion getting proposed. Probably went to the democrats like “look, we have to look like we’re fighting for Trump. We’ll say we don’t want to certify, back off that stance, then certify. You put in a motion to not allow reconsideration so we can again look like we’re fighting for Trump but have no way to actually fight. The votes certify and Trump still loves us.”

I think a deeper problem is this. Are we just trying to address what's owed us because of slavery or are we trying to reverse the anti-black policies and practices that have been implemented in this country since its inception. I believe the focus should be on the latter because I believe that is the way to better ensure progress for black people. Slavery was bad, but I don't know that it's the key reason that we are in the same that we are now. I believe decades of systemic oppression were far more damaging. They can hand out some money for reparations, but a quick influx of cash isn't going to help everybody in our community, especially if the system is still set up to prey on us. You reparations money isn't going to do you any good if you're in jail for some bullshit or can't invest it properly because you're locked out of certain avenues.

I understand why people are pushing for cash payments, but I just don't think accomplishing that is as likely as getting policies meant to undo injustices to blacks. However, keeping it real, with the politicians we keep putting in place, both are far shots at this point.

It could be both we owed for slavery and jim
Crow and etc

It could be both we owed for slavery and jim
Crow and etc

True. I think that needs to come across more clearly. Maybe the answer to reparations for slavery is a money payout that only goes to ADOS and reparations for Jim Crow are policy and legislation that is targeted at all black people whose origins in this country start prior 1964.

Do we have a reparations or similar topic active? I got an article I want to post but I don't want to derail this thread too much.

True. I think that needs to come across more clearly. Maybe the answer to reparations for slavery is a money payout that only goes to ADOS and reparations for Jim Crow are policy and legislation that is targeted at all black people whose origins in this country start prior 1964.

Do we have a reparations or similar topic active? I got an article I want to post but I don't want to derail this thread too much.

giphy.gif

It’s wild that they’re on TV still making these baseless claims. There’s no evidence. It’s already been all thrown out. They’re just continuing down their path to create division and distrust. I’ve never seen anything like this in America. The delusional are blinded by their biases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back