Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all of the early voting(in person and mail-in), wouldnt we get a result quicker? Media outlets are making it seem like because of all the early voting we wont know for a substantial period AFTER the election who actually won

With all of the early voting(in person and mail-in), wouldnt we get a result quicker? Media outlets are making it seem like because of all the early voting we wont know for a substantial period AFTER the election who actually won

I thought about this but the speed we gain by counting more early votes might be offset but the enormous task of counting all the mail-ins

I thought about this but the speed we gain by counting more early votes might be offset but the enormous task of counting all the mail-ins

alot of states pre-process those upon receipt or before election day tho. Not sure what that pre-process entails tho

I had to circle back to that NY Times article

In a year when absentee ballots are surging, a lot depends on when officials first start what’s called pre-processing of ballots. This ranges from verifying signatures, opening envelopes and flattening ballots to get them ready for tabulation.

So they get all of the mail in joints ready to be counted.. but it's not actually counted until the day of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back