Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven’t seen anyone of the non-voting coalition state even one policy they’d like to see passed to help the black community, much less a full agenda that if adopted by a candidate would cause them to vote.

I don’t even care if they just repost an agenda created by someone else. I just want to see what it would take for them to vote since they giving so many reasons for not voting.

That "coalition" has been very vocal about real reparations and for HR40 to stop being a farce.
Punishing racist cops, or ending Qualified Immunity, HR7085.
And black people have still been ignored (by Obama and recently in a letter to Pelosi) with the treaties of 1866.

Just a few examples of tangibles off the top, I'm sure there are more out there.
No studying, nothing symbolic, no POC trickle-down, throwing more money at discriminating organizations, or hollow lines of copy from a website.
Just see to our needs like the US has seen to the needs of other less disenfranchised groups already.

Last edited:
That "coalition" has been very vocal about real reparations and for HR40 to stop being a farce.
Punishing racist cops, or ending Qualified Immunity, HR7085.
And black people have still been ignored (by Obama and recently in a letter to Peloski) with the Act of 1866.

Just a few examples of tangibles off the top, I'm sure there are more out there.
No studying, nothing symbolic, no POC trickle-down, throwing more money at discriminating organizations, or hollow lines of copy from a website.
Just see to our needs like the US has seen to the needs of other less disenfranchised groups already.
There we go, a couple of actual demands that are tangible and actionable.

I didn’t read HR40 in detail. I guess it just forms a commission to see what reparations would mean?

HR7085 definitely needs to happen and is an easy one to use in an agenda.

What exactly would we demand by way of the Act of 1866?

I appreciate your response by the way. I only wish we had a unified lobbying organization that can define the agenda and push these things through.

There we go, a couple of actual demands that are tangible and actionable.

I didn’t read HR40 in detail. I guess it just forms a commission to see what reparations would mean?

HR7085 definitely needs to happen and is an easy one to use in an agenda.

What exactly would we demand by way of the Act of 1866?

I appreciate your response by the way. I only wish we had a unified lobbying organization that can define the agenda and push these things through.

HR40 is them continuing to "study" reparations for black people.
But the truth is they've been studying reparations since the 1800's.
That bill is them giving black people the run around at this point.

"Act" was the wrong word, I should of have used treaties, as in Indian Treaties of 1866
The claim is that black native Indians were not honored with the benefits of the treaty.
Then you have certain members of the civilized tribes advocating against doing so.

Strange and irritating to see the Dems continuously reaching out and putting more energy into trying to bring in people over from the right/conservatives rather than expanding their outreach to more progressives and getting younger people more excited to actually participate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back