Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is finished.

Biden has this locked down. He just has to wait till end of the month I say, and then announce his VP. If he introduces a plan to reform law enforcement it's a WRAP. Not only that, the country is in recession, massive unemployment, a global pandemic AND riots for social justice.

If I were Biden I'm taking Val Demings as my Vice President. She's safe, she's experienced, she WAS a police officer along with her husband, she's also from Florida as well and a woman of color. She can help you with law enforcement reform, specific ways to help the black community, while you introduce an economic plan, Healthcare plan and a plan to help battle the coronavirus.

I wouldn't say Biden has the game on lock yet... It all depends on his VP pick and his plan for police reform. Trump is gone be hard to fight off (even though his numbers are at all time lows) from now until November. Trump is going to find some way to spin the economy as a bragging point for re-election.

This the second time I had to reference my doc thread today, sheesh. But this tweet is true and proof of this is a doc i posted in this thread about "The Groveland Four" ( https://ablackweb.com/forum/threads/a-few-documentaries-on-african-american-history.20913/page-2 ).

July, 1949: Four young black men are accused of rape by a 17-year-old woman in rural Lake County, Florida. The case of “The Groveland Four” included a race riot, torture, multiple murders, two trials and a Supreme Court reversal. Though widely covered by the national press, the case has been largely forgotten... even though it helped lay a foundation for the Civil Rights Movement.

But back to what this post has to do with this tweet. The race riots started and the authorities didnt care. But as they continued to go on, the wealthy land owners finally stepped in and made a call for them to do something about it. At the time pretty much everyone that worked their fields were black, but because they were busy rioting no one was working their fields and it was causing them to lose a lot of money.
If you cause the right people to lose money, thats when change happens.

This the second time I had to reference my doc thread today, sheesh. But this tweet is true and proof of this is a doc i posted in this thread about "The Groveland Four" ( https://ablackweb.com/forum/threads/a-few-documentaries-on-african-american-history.20913/page-2 ).

But back to what this post has to do with this tweet. The race riots started and the authorities didnt care. But as they continued to go on, the wealthy land owners finally stepped in and made a call for them to do something about it. At the time pretty much everyone that worked their fields were black, but because they were busy rioting no one was working their fields and it was causing them to lose a lot of money.
If you cause the right people to lose money, thats when change happens.

BINGO!!!!! and thanks for the history drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back