Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polls and numbers generally capture the popular vote but the electoral leaders who represent the electoral college aren't. Anything can still happen and it's not over till it's over.

I think Joe Biden will win but we will see.

Once again, the popular vote determines how the electoral college votes.

If a vaccine comes out and markets rally and/or cases drop it can really shift things in Trump's favor. Dude is cunning and machiavellian af don't underestimate him.
He is neither of these, lol. He’s just willing to do things most others won’t. That’s how he always wins. Breaking rules, lying, etc.

He knows exactly how far to go without having to face real consequences. His line is not where most peoples’ are. It’s way beyond but not far enough to be held accountable for anything. He knows exactly how far to go without having to face real consequences. His line is not where most peoples’ are. It’s way beyond but not far enough to be held accountable for anything.

He’s learned to live in the space between moral outrage and accountability, a space very few are willing to explore and many more didn’t even know existed.

That's not always true.

Go look at the link I gave you the last time we had this discussion. It tells you clearly that in 48 of 50 states the candidate who wins the plurality of the vote receives all of the electoral college votes for that state. You just have a different narrative that you won't let go.

Edit:
20200524_171813.jpg

So hostile !!! Dude I want Biden to win. I've been saying that since the beginning.

I agree with your general point and in theory yes, whoever gets the popular vote may dictate where the electoral colleges vote but that's not always the case as there are 5 presidential elections in history of the U.S. where the candidate lost after receiving a majority (not just a plurality) of the popular vote.

John Adams
Hayes
Harrison
Gore vs Bush
Hillary vs Trump

Read my post again. Nowhere in it do I say it's impossible to win the presidency without winning the popular vote. What you don't seem to get is that you have to win the popular vote in enough states to get you to the 270 electoral votes needed. The popular vote dictates how the electoral college votes. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back