Welcome To aBlackWeb

Texas Man Murdered GF Over Abortion

Well this story just combines 2 of the biggest issues this country got right now...guns and abortions

A man fatally shot his girlfriend in Dallas on Wednesday because he was upset she'd gotten an abortion, court records allege.

Harold Thompson, age 22, is facing murder charges in connection with the death of 26-year-old Gabriella Gonzalez.

The pair were in a "dating relationship," according to an arrest affidavit, and were seen walking together in a gas station parking lot the morning after Gonzalez had traveled to Colorado to get an abortion.

Texas has outlawed abortion in nearly every stage of pregnancy since the overturning of Roe v. Wade in June 2022. Colorado abortion law is among the country's most permissive, allowing for legal abortions at nearly every stage of pregnancy, without waiting periods

A police investigator wrote that Thompson was believed to be the father of Gonzalez's child, and that he did not want her to end her pregnancy.

Video surveillance shows that Thompson put Gonzalez in a "choke hold" as they were talking, police say, but she "shrugs him off."

Thompson then pulled out a firearm and shot Gonzalez several more times before fleeing. Police declared Gonzalez dead at the scene.

Thompson is being held in a Dallas County jail. Court records show he will be represented by state-appointed counsel but did not list the name or contact information of his attorney.

Here you go again trying to defend and rationalize the indefensible.
Nah I’m a realist.
I’m not defending shit.
But I won’t sit here and act like a person won’t go off the deep end if a woman has an abortion without his knowledge.
Does she deserve to die for it? I’m not going to agree to that….

We need to empower leaving bad situations or staying away from toxic shit or use protection.
Everything ain’t always so black and white and surface.

Blaming him takes a lot of responsibility off us sane guys, to teach the women in our lives to stay away or read the sign of dudes like bruh.

Nah I’m a realist.
I’m not defending shit.
But I won’t sit here and act like a person won’t go off the deep end if a woman has an abortion without his knowledge.
Does she deserve to die for it? I’m not going to agree to that….

We need to empower leaving bad situations or staying away from toxic shit or use protection.
Everything ain’t always so black and white and surface.

Everything isn't black and white. But this ain't one of those situations. His going off the deep end included ending someone else's life. So his actions not only affected his life, which he still gets to live for now, but ended someone else's. So where's the gray area in that? Because a gray area indicates there's some nuance that can change one's pov of a situation. So what other angle should this be looked at?

Or maybe...try to expand the scope of blame to include anyone other than the killer.
Is it not our jobs to protect the women in our lives? And if you can’t be around 24/7 , is it our jobs to try to steer them away from these type dudes?

The killer is the end result.
Sure …blame him
What can we do to stop the next nigga from doing the same?

Back