Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tribute to Tetris

PRAISE : Based on a true story Henk Rogers discovers Tetris in 1988 .Risking everything by travelling to the Soviet Union, where he joins forces with inventor Alexey Pajitnov to bring the game to the masses.
The cast does a fine job in the movie. The scenes I really enjoyed are the ones in which Roger's expanded on someone else's idea and took it to another level much like Ray Kroc did with the fast food burger idea which eventually became McDonald's.
The movie also brought back a lot of great memories for me of my elementary school days of tooling with the basic computers of the time and endless hours of playing with game consoles and classic hand held systems like the Gameboy.
Some of the back and forth about who really owned the rights to Tetris was interesting . I wanted some of the characters to come out on top and get past the hurdles thrown in front of them and that's what held my interest. I enjoyed the eight bit graphics used in the movie.

PROBLEMS : The movie feels cluttered at times because so much of it is made up to fill two hours. (i encourage everyone to watch documentaries about Tetris) Some of the film is definitely convoluted with tacked on scenes that are supposed to be exciting and intriguing. Some of the board room talk was boring and slowed the pacing of the movie.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7

Back