Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Tennessee lawmakers propose bill to allow fathers to stop an abortion

By Alivia Harris | February 15, 2021 at 11:30 AM EST - Updated February 15 at 8:49 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - Two Tennessee lawmakers proposed a bill that would allow the father of an unborn child to seek a court injunction to prohibit the mother from getting an abortion.
House Bill 1079 introduced by Rep. Jerry Sexton passed on first consideration and Senate Bill 494 introduced by Sen. Mark Pody was passed on second consideration Thursday.
The proposed legislation states, “a person may petition a court with jurisdiction over domestic relations matters to request an injunction to prohibit a woman who is pregnant with the person’s unborn child from obtaining an abortion.”
The bill would require that within 14 days of filing an injunction, the man prove to a court that he is the biological father and prove there is reasonable probability that the woman would get an abortion.

If the woman violates the injunction by getting an abortion, she could be held in civil or criminal contempt, under the proposed legislation.

what y’all thoughts on this?
@Chi-akin Citywalker
@CeLLar-DooR
@Scandalust313
@Whis Khalifa
@Loquacious
@Duwop
@AP21

Seems like fair, only if the father is willing to bear sole responsibility for the child (assuming the mother isn't interested).

Have unprotected sex with a man, you have no desire of having kids with and get pregnant. Take the L and bear the child. It's called responsibility.

(If passed) More Tennessean females will utilize discernment when it's time for sex.

About time people stopped treating abortion as some ethical means of convenience. When really it's usually an unethical escape from responsibility due to poor judgement and/or discipline.

I dunno. Forcing a woman to have a kid could bring SO many complications. I guarantee some women will try to hurt that child inside them out of protest of this.

I think it’s time to enact the Chappelle plan:
If a woman decides to have a baby against the man’s will, the man should be able to opt out of parental rights and not have to pay child support.

“If you can kill this muthafucka, I can at least abandon it.”

Last edited:
Back