Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tax Time.

Did my taxes yesterday, 12k coming back

Not sure what I'm a do with it yet

I'm never sure tho. Probably gonna put 1/2 into my DYI projects

you think a 401k is any better?
Not that I think its better, I already have 1 with a company I'm no longer at. It's still gaining interest each month which I didn't know

I figured with an IRA I could have two seperate options for retiring.

Plus I can't add to my 401k. With an IRA I can add whatever whenever

Not that I think its better, I already have 1 with a company I'm no longer at. It's still gaining interest each month which I didn't know

young man.....it's so much more you can do with that money.

there are many investment vehicles.

i suggest you save it. put it in an account gaining 2-3% interest and do some research.

If you roll that 401K into the IRA you could keep that old 401K going with new investments. Whatever you do put it somewhere where it can get that compound interest so 15-20 years down the road you're sitting on close to a mil

If you roll that 401K into the IRA you could keep that old 401K going with new investments. Whatever you do put it somewhere where it can get that compound interest so 15-20 years down the road you're sitting on close to a mil
Dope idea. Ill look into it

Filers w/ AGI under $66k: 2017 Online Federal & State Tax Return Free

United Way and H&R Block offer 2017 Federal and State Tax Return Filing for those with Adjusted Gross Income of $66,000 or less for Free when you follow the instructions below.

Note, Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) is income after 401K contributions, employer subsidized health, dental or vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account or similar deductions.
  1. Create account at H&R Block: https://www.hrblock.com/online-tax-filing/
  2. Stay logged in
  3. Go to UnitedWay.OrgMyFreeTaxes: https://www.unitedway.org/myfreetaxes/
  4. Click the log in button (you will be re-routed to H&R Block)
  5. Start your returns
FOR THOSE THAT QUALIFY The version is the same as H&R Block deluxe. It's both federal and state.
"Sponsored by United Way and H&R Block, MyFreeTaxes has all of the features you're looking for — with none of the fees.
Whether you're a first time filer, a new parent, a small-business owner, or just about anything else — no matter your situation, we've got you covered. And with live customer support, safe and secure filing, and free itemization, MyFreeTaxes will help put you on the path to financial freedom.
It's as easy as 1-2-3:
To start your return, create an account on the H&R Block site and log in."

NOTE: Schedule C is not available in this H&R Block version, so if you are self-employed with more than $5k in expenses or a loss you can't use it (C-EZ is available though).

Back