Welcome To aBlackWeb

Take the homie discount or keep it business?

I mean real top of the line music videos running you hundreds of thousands. You trying to plot on ya nigga cause he wants to do you a solid hoping if things work out off the back of his work you do him a solid in return?

Just pay the $2500 and fuck off. I wouldn't even fuck with you no more if I found out this is how you were thinking lmao. You're ungrateful.

I could understand coming to him with proper paperwork so theres no squabbling later but you talking about $2500. That ain't shit.

I mean real top of the line music videos running you hundreds of thousands. You trying to plot on ya nigga cause he wants to do you a solid hoping if things work out off the back of his work you do him a solid in return?

Just pay the $2500 and fuck off. I wouldn't even fuck with you no more if I found out this is how you were thinking lmao. You're ungrateful.

I could understand coming to him with proper paperwork so theres no squabbling later but you talking about $2500. That ain't shit.
If that is how you perceived the situation, I will not argue with you brother Freeman. May you have a blessed one

Gotta say @Shenco

You've improved markedly. Even since that last joint where you were rhyming over the 93 Til beat.

5lo.gif

I'd decline cuz I'm trying to support. However if they kept pressing me to take the deal I'd ask them if they're going to be offended if I don't. If the answer is yes, I will take the deal, otherwise I'll pay full price with happiness.

So I got this friend I asked to shoot a music video for one of my songs. Okay. Cool.

We had a creative session about what we want to do, this and that, etc. He basically tells me since I'm a friend he's gonna give me a discount on shooting the video.

So what he usually would charge someone $2500 to do, he's only charging me $750. Great right? Except the fact that most of the time the homie discount comes with a catch.

So he pretty much told me he'd be giving me a discount hopefully in exchange for being the one to shoot my videos in the future. So at first I'm like cool...but now that I'm thinking about this...Nah.

You giving me the homie discount because you have faith and believe that this song is heat and if say the video gets millions of views, you'd be attached to it.

Also it feels like it's a guilt trip for me to stay loyal if someone else wants to shoot a video for me and I like their ideas better.

Idk man, I'm about to tell him to rework this contract and charge me the full $2500 and keep it all business. Also what if I didn't like it? Imma complain about something I got at a more than 50% discount? Come on.

Any thoughts? Advice? Any story similar you'd like to share?
I think he's doing a bit too much by wanting to shoot all future videos. If he asked to shoot ONE video in the future, I could understand that. At that point, it would seem like okay... he's just trying to make the deal beneficial for himself too... but all future videos?!? Nah. That limits you as an artist even if his videos are good. Not cool. I say no deal personally. It's also a bit odd that he'd ask this before the video is even done and before y'all know what the chemistry is like. Shit, what if he shoots it and he decides he don't even YOU. It could also play out that way lol. Then he's half-ass shooting future videos because he gave his word? Nah.

Back