Welcome To aBlackWeb

TAKE A SEAT Man who’d paid for extra legroom refuses to move so family can sit together on flight – but was he in the wrong?

5th Letter

Mod Squad

A PASSENGER has divided opinion after he refused to move seats so a family could sit next to each other during a flight.

The man, who had paid extra for a seat with legroom at the front of the plane, was asked to give up his seat for a family of six.

However, he refused to move for the 10-hour flight, and said he was given dirty looks for the rest of the flight.

He wrote on Reddit: “I paid a small amount extra for a seat that is in the front of the cabin – the coach seat that has a wall in front of it and extra legroom because it’s my second leg in a 20-hour total trip.

“Two adults, two children (8ish?) and two infants would like to fill this row of four.

“Two adults with one infant each in the bassinet in front of them, and the two middle-schoolers. The attendant asked if I would move to a similar seat so they could sit together.

“I said, ‘but I paid extra for this seat.’ The response was that the other seat was the exact same, so sure.”
However, he said that it was the same aisle seat and class but had no legroom, so he said he wouldn’t move, resulting in one of the kids sitting by themselves.

He then said that flight service was “abhorrent” and that staff forgot to serve him.

Lol I'm trying to understand the seating situation by reading the description.

From the description it sounds like they allowed him to buy the seat but then wanted him to give it for someone else.

They should blame themselves. He paid for it 🤷🏿‍♂️

Last edited:
Nah he wasnt wrong imo.. he paid for his seat and doesn't HAVE to give it up just because they asked.

I know that flight attendant button woulda got worn the fuck out that whole trip if they tried to be petty "forgetting" my food n shit tho.. foh

I'm a tall nigga, with bad knees and a bad back, who knows what it's like to fly across the world on long ass flights. If I paid for the extra legroom, that's the end of the story.

If I'm KIND enough to allow someone else to have my seat, then good for me. I earned some karma points. But fuck outta here to me having any obligation to do so.

I’m not reading all that but I don’t move when families wanna sit together. Whether I paid or not.

children under 6 and their families already get to board first. If you come after that, find a seat, sit down and let’s get where we tryna go.

Back