Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ta-Nehisi Coates speaks about white people who so badly want to be able to use the word ‘n!gga’

Best-selling author Ta-Nehisi Coates sat on a panel discussion with students at Evanston Township High School in Illinois to discuss history, race and white supremacy. During the Q&A segment of the event, a student asked the best-selling author why white people aren't allowed to use the n-word while rapping along to songs and, suffice it to say, the writer gave the most perfect and concise response.

dude is so fucking articulate...

not in a "ohh look at this nigga talking" articulate..... but i totally understand what he is saying......

Reactions: 1/2
wasnt really interested but im glad i came back and watched

good observation and better breakdown

do I think the people that need to hear and understand this would even try? no

and there you have an issue that just wont be resolved for all

I wanna check that book out tho

i'd like to think that many of the people in the audience took that and understood it.....

but i'm optimistic...

i'd like to think that many of the people in the audience took that and understood it.....

but i'm optimistic...

I think those people either already have, or a want to have, an understanding of these types of things

not at all the people im referring to

this clip wont even hit their time lines....but if it does, they'll read the title and comment/complain about everything being about black and white....and say theres stupid people of every color lmao

doesn't negate the that there's an entitlement at pla. especially considering they bought the music and tickets...

they feel they paid for the right to say it.....

Why pull a white girl on stage to sing your song if you say "NIGGA" 400 times in that song?

Then, get offended because she didn't censor herself.

I aint mad at the white girl.

There weren't any sisters in the
audience you coulda brought on stage, you stupid motherfucker?

Really?

Never understood why Black folks use that word in a room full of crackers.

It's cringe-worthy watching one of these clowns getting interviewed on vladtv and they keep calling themselves that word.

only when its over used and out of context

I dont care who's in the room if im talking to my cousins or uncles or somebody.....its gone be a few NYUGGAs here and there

but yeah I've been in public around some youngins and nigga nigga nigga everything.....to any and everybody including their white friends

that can be a lil painful to see/hear

1 - Yeah I wouldn't have brought up a white person to rap a song that got nigga in it a buncha times... you just asking for trouble

2 - These white folks should know good and goddamn well by now that they need to shut the fuck up when singing along to a song and nigga is in the lyrics.. but we all know... they are habitual line steppers and give no fucks

Back