OUT NOW T.I. - The Dime Trap Album Thread

Rate "Dime Trap"

• Total voters
Damnnnnnn thats a major flop smh.. I figured it was going to cause it has no buzz or internet hype. I literally see nobody talking about and this thread only 3 pages. The internet not always a representation of the real world but alotta times it is. Still think its an above average album though.

I dont see how cats drooling/spazzin over lil Waynes so so album also but shittin on this one *shrugs*

the lines have been clearly drawn on ABW... Lupe "Nerds" and Wayne "Nerds"... guess there aint enough TI "Nerds" for this thread to succeed lol tragic
"cut that shit out"

i personally think T.I. irrelevant musically in today's landscape

i'ma give the project a spin and hope that im wrong, but Lupe's album has been on repeat since it was released in my rotation

The irony is T.I. was just on the Breakfast Club explaining he signed with a major label (Atlantic) because of the marketing and promotion.....

The irony is T.I. was just on the Breakfast Club explaining he signed with a major label (Atlantic) because of the marketing and promotion.....

I thought it was Epic?

I honestly knew the sales wudn't gon be all that. Nigga had 0 Promo for it. And ion think he even cares according to the Breakfast Club interview. *shrugs*

#TI’s new video, you know the one where he let #Trump know he “ain’t Kanye,” garnered a lot of support but it also has unsurprisingly ruffled some feathers in the #WhiteHouse.

A spokesperson for #MelaniaTrump not only called the video, in which a Melania lookalike strips for T.I. in the #OvalOffice, “disgusting,” she’s calling for a full-on boycott of TIP.

#StephanieGrisham, Melania’s director of communications, tweeted about the video on Saturday saying, “How is this acceptable?...#BoycottT.I.” Grisham told @People on Tuesday, “Like it or not, she is the first lady and this is the White House. It’s disrespectful and disgusting to portray her this way simply because

#TI’s new video, you know the one where he let #Trump know he “ain’t Kanye,” garnered a lot of support but it also has unsurprisingly ruffled some feathers in the #WhiteHouse.

A spokesperson for #MelaniaTrump not only called the video, in which a Melania lookalike strips for T.I. in the #OvalOffice, “disgusting,” she’s calling for a full-on boycott of TIP.

#StephanieGrisham, Melania’s director of communications, tweeted about the video on Saturday saying, “How is this acceptable?...#BoycottT.I.” Grisham told @People on Tuesday, “Like it or not, she is the first lady and this is the White House. It’s disrespectful and disgusting to portray her this way simply because

Shit was all good when they were saying and doing all sorts of racist & disrespectful shit towards Michelle Obama.
Now they want to get all flustered over Tip's video??
Man if they don't get all the way the fuck outta here w/ that bullshit....lmao
You can literally Google her nudes. Must be 2 sides.

Reactions: VulcanRaven
just got to it over the last couple days

better than I expected

2018 just dont quit

I been had the album on my Tidal playlist but I didn't pick up the CD until last weekend b/c it was on sale for $8 at Target (Yeah I still buy CDs).

I don't mind listening to music through streaming but Tidal has a habit of removing songs/albums off it's stream service as well.

Still feel this album didnt get enough love
I know im reviving a dead ass thread but nonetheless.

It is a shame how Dime Trap turned out to be. Two things people obviously dont know about is that The album pretty much had 3 versions as far as i was told and ive seen it myself but mostly based on theory given the songs ive heard that is never going to be released.

The other thing is that Dime Trap was originally planned to be either 22 Tracks or 25. Either way Epic Records, fuck em for life, decided to shorten it down to 15 songs instead. Deluxe never got released because TIP cut his ties with them right after that.

The amount of songs recorded for this album was kinda insane. So many ideas starting all the way back in 2015 when it was originally planned to be "Traps Open" Later changed to Dime Trap right after, for whatever reason, TIP decided to drop the project for now in 2016 and go with Us Or Else. Later on in 2017 i believe he started going back at the project, teasing few snippets here and there to see if people liked it or not. Eventually he dropped the project again and went back to doing nothing.

Here's just a small teaser on the Original "Laugh At Em" titled "Laugh At You" that was planned to be released on Madden? but eventually got taken back i believe because it wasnt time to drop the album yet. The verse isnt the same at the beginning, different one to the released one but overall pretty much the same thing.

• Wack
Reactions: SneakDZA