Superman Movie Reboot - J.J. Abrams Producing; Ta-Nahesi Coates writing the script

We'll see how this goes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make "woke" changes to this either.

But why?

Maaaaaaan fuck DC

All because of the dude playing cyborg. That's a big fuck you low key.

"We're racist? How about we give the world a black Superman and get you tf outta here permanently."

Nasty.

There was once, or maybe is, a black Superman for some multi-verse story.
I don't follow DC so I don't know where that went.
But I am strongly against blackwashing IP's, just like I'm against whitewashing them.

It's a Superman movie, of course I'll be watching it.

Ya'll really think they are going to turn Superman (DC's top character) Black? People are just reacting to Ta-Nahesi Coates writing the script.

What you mean?
seems like there are several different silos instead of one unified division

how many times they gonna reboot superman? Like RDJ was the same character for over 10 years

At some point, this company has to establish some continuity with the characters they have and the stories they want to tell.

btw, im all for a black superman. I just dont want it to feel like some shit out of left field.

Like had they done something like the Miles Morales spiderman movie, then they did the video game...it feels natural.

Like, here's my rant on this....

And I hate doing this, cuz y'all some jerks...

But yes I'm happy we're still getting good writers and directors in spite of the fuckery..... But the direction is misplaced.

Remember my comment the other day "everybody gets one" and niggaz was like... DC ain't give nobody one.....

Well that's why I made my static shock comments. Coates has written comics before, he wrote some of the modern BP stories for marvel....

And static is getting a make over in the comics right now anyway... This would be a perfect time to simultaneously reintroduce him to the world.. Kinda like they ran with Harley. Static is the kind of character that would go over well. Plus it would be great to get the jump before marvel gets their live action Miles Morales on screen.

Also... superman doesn't need ANOTHER reboot.

Man of steel was great. They bout to drop a major product with him in the Snyder cut.

I dunno.... This just not the news I'm going to get excited about.

Black superman is cool for the statement.... But if you going to pull from black characters that really deserve shine.... It ain't a barely known about black superman..... It's the super heavy fan favorite Static Shock who much like the BL tv show deals with community issues on a very relevant scale to the times.

A static shock movie would have been perfect right around the times of protest in 2020. A black kid with superpowers in a racist America is a great story that would be much better served.... Imo

how many times they gonna reboot superman? Like RDJ was the same character for over 10 years

At some point, this company has to establish some continuity with the characters they have and the stories they want to tell.

I gotcha.

And I agree. But at this point I'll be happy if they can string 3 good movies inna row. Instead of the ebbs and flow they been on for the last 8-9 years.

Reactions: AP2.5

Honestly they might as well keep doing random shit and seeing what sticks as they go along.

Like that might actually be their bag. Nobody gonna do what marvel has at this point. DC just gotta make their own way.

• Ether
Reactions: AP2.5
All because of the dude playing cyborg. That's a big fuck you low key.

"We're racist? How about we give the world a black Superman and get you tf outta here permanently."

Nasty.
It might be their answer to Black Panther.

What's the one thing 'negro' masses would want more than their own black superhero in a fictional black country? To have the single greatest superhero of all time represented as a Black man.

If WB actually follows through with this, which i doubt, they will anticipate us trading in our dashikis for red capes and the big S.

It might be their answer to Black Panther.

What's the one thing 'negro' masses would want more than their own black superhero in a fictional black country? To have the single greatest superhero of all time represented as a Black man.

If WB actually follows through with this, which i doubt, they will anticipate us trading in our dashikis for red capes and the big S.

Too late to respond.

Like I said in my last post tho. Maybe just doing one offs, seeing what sticks and not sticking too close to any continuity is their bag.

Seems so far the films that have little or nothing to do with eachother have been their best.

Too late to respond.

Like I said in my last post tho. Maybe just doing one offs, seeing what sticks and not sticking too close to any continuity is their bag.

Seems so far the films that have little or nothing to do with eachother have been their best.
I completely agree.

If they just came out at this point and said nothing was connected, they could do whatever they want with no worry about director or actor leverage.

Black Superman? Go ahead
Batman Beyond? No problem
Blackest Night? Knock yourself out
Injustice Gods Among Us? Do it

Maybe they can do part 1, part 2... but keep it apart. Becauae at this point, the more they try to appease these marvel fanboys, the more they fuck themselves.

Reactions: King Freeman