Welcome To aBlackWeb

Strictly Dancehall/Reggae, Soca, & Afrobeats Thread

Surprised this is the first person I hear really say anything, they asked sean paul and he played politics with the answer. If you're gonna emulate somebody's art u pay some type of homage or reach out.

I'll hear a reggaeton song and they'll big up every spanish speaking country from the Caribbean to south america, no mention of where it came from.

They'll copy and old shaggy or chaka demus and pliers song to the T, and spanish kids will think it's original. No sense of history just take and take.

Surprised this is the first person I hear really say anything, they asked sean paul and he played politics with the answer. If you're gonna emulate somebody's art u pay some type of homage or reach out.

I'll hear a reggaeton song and they'll big up every spanish speaking country from the Caribbean to south america, no mention of where it came from.

They'll copy and old shaggy or chaka demus and pliers song to the T, and spanish kids will think it's original. No sense of history just take and take.

cuz sean paul bloodline comes from there anyway

Truth is the truth
That's the one reason I never fully fucked with spanish people too much other than their women

They do it with rap too. You got messicans and other hispanics/latino(whatever tf) speaking and dressing like african americans but don't really fuck with them
@DOS_patos

Last edited:
Truth is the truth
That's the one reason I never fully fucked with spanish people too much other than their women

They do it with rap too. You got messicans and other hispanics/latino(whatever tf) spaking and dressing like african americans but don't really fuck with them
@DOS_patos
aye.....i honestly just put reggaeton and reggae together even tho i kinda already knew.

you had to educate me on it and this whole time it was right under my nose.

Reactions: GNS
any of yall trying do a verzuz with reggaeton?

bad bunny vs ozuna
jbalvin vs maluma
rosalita vs karol G
aa anuel vs that weird dude farruko

a rematch of daddy yankee vs don omar?

Nah yall gotta seperate this shit. I. Coolafrican music but nah the spanish can kick rocks. Yall made money off shit and dont pay us no reapect .

Nah yall gotta seperate this shit. I. Coolafrican music but nah the spanish can kick rocks. Yall made money off shit and dont pay us no reapect .
You have artists like Sech and Ozuna that are black. They rep there African heritage. But I understand what you mean, it would be nice if the give pioneers of Reggae a shoutout or even put them on a song.

Anuel was singing a little too much on that album, couldn't get a read on what lane he was trying be in. I was expecting more based on what he did with Meek and Fat Joe.

Also, I see the reggaeton hate in this thread about them not paying homage. Truth is, when reggaeton was coming up, they paid heavy respect to the reggae roots and would have collabs with Beanie Man, Mr Vegas, even did the Carribean Connection album (which was actually wack), but they tried. There were also Afro Latinos in reggaeton (OG Black, Jomar, Don Omar, Tego etc...) makin good music. We were in the mix back 15-20 yrs ago.

• Cap
Reactions: GNS
First time in here and near enough every video on this page is Spanish

I was hopin' to find that nu nu dancehall and shit here not that*

Last edited:
Back