Welcome To aBlackWeb

Stillmatic turns 19 years today

At first I thought it was a 5 mic classic, but now I give it 4 mics.

Here's why;

1. Braveheart Party was terrible

2. There was no sub-bass. People from The South changed Hip Hop by adding sub-bass and sped up hi hats. If you listen to the stuff on No Limit and Cash Money (along with T.I. and Ludacris) from the same era, they all have that warm sub-bass that you can feel. It makes your body vibrate. Stillmatic, and The Blueprint, have no sub-bass. Come Home With Me didn't have any sub-bass either.

Basically New York producers weren't using sub-bass.

I think The Massacre had sub-bass but I'd have to go back and check.

Anyway, I'd give Stillmatic 4 mics because it wasn't flawless. It could have been better.

Braveheart Party, Rule, and My country kept this from being a classic. Great album tho. 4.5 mics.

Classic in my eyes. Distinctly remember a friend of mine letting me hold the CD for a few days & me purposely forgetting I still had it & never bringing it back to school.

Classic for me . Fortunately, I got the album when with Braveheart Party taking off! So many classic joints from the intro to you’re da man to rewind to one mic to 2nd childhood etc

I'm gonna give it a 4.0, took off .5 because like 5 said there was no sub-bass...lol...Fuck otta here, shyt a classic 4.5 for me. Braveheart Party was weak the others songs more than made up for it

Back