Welcome To aBlackWeb

Stalley - Somebody Up There Loves Me

This release missed me last year, it dropped in December 2022 but physcials are dropping in a March...

Loving the feel of this album, defo one to sit back vibe too...

'The latest from Ohio’s blue collar beacon, Stalley. His new album is a laidback, soulful cruise full of hard-earned wisdom and street gospel. “I’m somewhere between Gilbert Arenas and Gil-Scott," says Stalley - a poet with a penchant for revolution.

At the beginning of the last decade, Stalley signed to the other MMG, Rick Ross’ Maybach Music Group, where he dropped countless star-making verses and revered mixtapes that cemented him as the working-class hero amongst a lavishly opulent crew. There were million-streaming collaborations with Scarface, Schoolboy Q, Ty Dolla Sign, Kendrick Lamar and Migos, but ultimately, Stalley opted to take the independent route and the most impressive phase of his career.

Upon the release of last year’s full-length collaboration with Apollo Brown, Blacklight, the Ohio lyricist kicked it into high gear. Pitchfork raved about its “sharp perspective." With impeccable beat section from producers BAM, KFisha, Black Diamond, MadKeys, and MMG visionary Namir Blade, Stalley summons a sumptuous soul that feels warm and nostalgic. The droptop is open, the windows are rolled down, and the golden light is shining through. '

Back