Welcome To aBlackWeb

Spotify owner says artists need to release more music when asked about low rates that are paid for streams

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator

Ek claimed that a "narrative fallacy" had been created and caused music fans to believe that Spotify doesn't pay musicians enough for streams of their music. "Some artists that used to do well in the past may not do well in this future landscape," Ek said, "where you can’t record music once every three to four years and think that’s going to be enough.”

What is required from successful musicians, Ek insisted, is a deeper, more consistent, and prolonged commitment than in the past. “The artists today that are making it realize that it’s about creating a continuous engagement with their fans. It is about putting the work in, about the storytelling around the album, and about keeping a continuous dialogue with your fans.”

didnt read but the idea isnt really wrong....shit cant stay the same forever

its too many artists and the attention span is short.....only K. Dot and Adele can do that drop when i want to shit lol

niggas like Curren$y and Larry June been had the formula.....Griselda on that shit too

you got 7 songs thats hot, get em gone bruh

didnt read but the idea isnt really wrong....shit cant stay the same forever

its too many artists and the attention span is short.....only K. Dot and Adele can do that drop when i want to shit lol

niggas like Curren$y and Larry June been had the formula.....Griselda on that shit too

you got 7 songs thats hot, get em gone bruh

ehhh, then you just end up flooding the market with subpar music. Not ALL your projects gonna hit

bottomline is, if i give you rights to stream my music, the payout at some point should increase instead of the same flat rate across the board rate

ehhh, then you just end up flooding the market with subpar music. Not ALL your projects gonna hit

bottomline is, if i give you rights to stream my music, the payout at some point should increase instead of the same flat rate across the board rate

that's a got damn lie

Uncle Larry been on a run his last 6-7 tapes & ALL them shits hit, in fact they've gotten better as he's progressed

I say that to say

everybody doesn't possess the capabilities to consistently drop knowledge/game/wisdom

but June is one of the few

/rant over

but the formula i presented still gets you more spins whether its your best work or not

more songs & shorter full projects.....it actually sounds easier to me

they can just drop those few club songs and street songs without having to worry about building around them all the time and making this whole groundbreaking album that wins awards

im listening to that new Curren$y tape at least 3 full times a day rn......and lets say there's 250k me's out there.......

they get paid so many cents per stream

No they don't, they get a fraction of a cent per stream.

Here's my royalty statement for June 2020. Apple paid me $0.01 (one penny) for two streams

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 11.40.34 AM.png

I'm not sure if Youtube pays more than Apple music, or if I just get more streams via Youtube, but here's my statement from last month.

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 11.45.42 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 11.40.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 11.40.34 AM.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 1
Things are too bumber to bumber, in hip hop specifically, to over saturate with music. Spitta and GxFR are known for high volume and overall good quality, but they have misses. Sometime in Spitta case, a mixtape could only be good for one listen.

Things are too bumber to bumber, in hip hop specifically, to over saturate with music. Spitta and GxFR are known for high volume and overall good quality, but they have misses. Sometime in Spitta case, a mixtape could only be good for one listen.

which could have been an album he waited and tried to make perfect for 2 years and did the same thing

which could have been an album he waited and tried to make perfect for 2 years and did the same thing

Thats the old school way I prefer. But I understand the climate now. This is way they have to do it I just worry about the quality in the long run. I think Conway could have a classic like G.O.A.T. if he would stop pasting these throwaway tracks together for a 7 song EP. Save that for Lil Pump!

• Haha
Reactions: 1/2
that's a got damn lie

Uncle Larry been on a run his last 6-7 tapes & ALL them shits hit, in fact they've gotten better as he's progressed

I say that to say

everybody doesn't possess the capabilities to consistently drop knowledge/game/wisdom

but June is one of the few

/rant over
im not familiar with his work so i cant give an informed opinion

however, assuming i agree with you, how many other people gonna have that level of consistency?

so then for those of you who seem to be on the side of the owner

you all are ok with them dropping multiple projects in short spans of time so that they can just get the listens that count as streams instead of putting out quality bodies of work?

so then for those of you who seem to be on the side of the owner

you all are ok with them dropping multiple projects in short spans of time so that they can just get the listens that count as streams instead of putting out quality bodies of work?

Whoever is in charge of the music has the right to not put it on that service.

Back