Spinoff: Is Streaming Really A 'Cheatcode'

Is The Current Streaming System A Cheatcode?

• Total voters
That's pretty much pointless at this point when most people already pay for their streaming service. Yall are trying to apply an old school mentality and system to this day and age.

If we're being honest, Drake would be multi plat first week in the 90s.
Pointless in your opinion or not, its still available to buy just as easily, I do it from time to time, but I rather order the physical off amazon.

People still sale a good amount of physicals, its just the super hot artists whos stream numbers outshine there physicals by leaps and bound. Mainly because like I said before, streams show interest, album sales show actual fans

A method that seems more balanced to me is if an individual is streaming a song/album multiple times. If they have that metric then I think that would actually make for a better count. Not that if you play a song for 30 sec or listen to the album once and never again shit.

I fucks with streaming but I don't care about album sales

Never have. I like who I like and seeing a person sell a milli in a week won't change me wanting to get their album or not

I always thought that was silly shit that Jay made ppl care about

Last edited:
Reactions: rip.dilla and Inori
This is an extreme tho

Cardi B went gold her first week, Lil Baby has a gold plaque for his Freestyle song.

Niggas gonna start saying Drake is cheating like how when Lil Wayne was going platinum in the first week niggas was saying Baby was buying albums LOLOL why can't it be he blessed ?

these spots are all over China. Literal walls of cellphones with the intent to game whatever system they're harnessed for. It's only a matter of time before someone is caught using it.

Nope

Can’t really buy albums anymore

And labels have been know to buy albums. Now that’s a fucking cheat code

one double album sale counts as two. is that a
cheat code?

RIAA considers albums platinum if they shipped one million copies first, not sold. is that a cheat code?

Reactions: Sion
I fucks with streaming but I don't care about album sales

Never have. I like who I like and seeing a person sell a milli in a week won't change me wanting to get there album or not

I always thought that was silly shit that Jay made ppl care about

I thought 50 was the one that made muhfukas care about sales..

either way idgaf about sales personally. If I like the music im gonna purchase it so I can listen online or offline and that album/song is in my possession

Last edited:
Reactions: Chicity
Yes.. and no. It kinda narrows the gap as far as sales for new artists. However when you’re a big artist like Drake the shit gives the perception of being rigged. Notice that I say perception, not that it is. I still feel like there’s gonna be some kinks to work out but overall I feel like the album experience us in the 30 and over crowd had is dead and gone.

I'm old school... Buying the album or record either physically or digitally is sales..

Streaming a record on an arranged paid subscription ain't sales to me ..

Yeah yeah the Internet messed it up with bootlegs and illegal downloads but albums been bootleged as far back as the early 90s before massive Internet usage

I still use Michael Jackson's Thriller as a crutch