Welcome To aBlackWeb

Spinoff: Is Streaming Really A 'Cheatcode'

Is The Current Streaming System A Cheatcode?

• Total voters

Goldie

and Baka's got a weird case, why is he around??
Site Owner
Is today's streaming system really a 'cheatcode' or is it just a system that works for the modern day music business?​

I thought it was pretty easy to understand. The internet fucked up the old system. Niggas aint going out and buying albums anymore, they don't even sell the shits at Best Buy anymore. It's a new day and age.

yes

i see it both ways tbh

but i've accidentally pressed play on a song, then went to the song i wanted to go to. Google play counts that as a listen even though it was a sec.

these charts used to mean more when you had data on the actual singles to gauge, but the opportunity to have everyone listen to the same songs over and over...thats cheating

yes

i see it both ways tbh

but i've accidentally pressed play on a song, then went to the song i wanted to go to. Google play counts that as a listen even though it was a sec.

these charts used to mean more when you had data on the actual singles to gauge, but the opportunity to have everyone listen to the same songs over and over...thats cheating

I thought it was you have to listen to it for atleast 20-30 secs before it counts

Once I read Nikki fans had that one Remy Ma 'diss' on repeat over night I knew the streaming game skewed the numbers for the worst

I know record labels brought cases of CD's but this shit is crazy

thats still bad goldie

all somebody has to do is listen a song for 30 secs and it counts towards the sale?

you are just giving the song a quick listen, but that dont mean you like it

you think thats fair?

Who the hell is listening to a song they don't like for 30 secs back to back? lol cmon fam

Most definitely. Its like counting radio listens as a sales. A lot of people just listen to playlists so what ever is programmed into the list is automatically gonna get a boost. And who is to stop a record company from setting up a bot to stream there record over and over. Its a flawed system the way it is set up now.
They will eventually fix this loophole so that things arent as inflated as they are currently.

So it's fair that everyone can bootleg and stream music without none of it counting?

If there were no bootlegging and streams Drake would be selling more than he's selling now. Pre internet era? Yall aint being real about this shit.

this_disturbing_image_of_a_chi.jpg

df4dbqryx3kmem9rmyd0.jpg

^^^ shit like that is why it can't be reliable to gauge how popular a song is or whether or not the streams were legit. Chinese have click farms that are used to game app ratings. If you're willing to spend the money to do it, you can make a song with a nigga just grunting and snorting over somebody slapping their knee rhythmically #1 on any given streaming service.

Im not mad at the cheat code, but it is what it is.
I only look at pure album sales, never the stream numbers.
Stream numbers only denote whos interested not who's really a fan. And interest can be manufactured and manipulated

So you only look at pure sales in a day and age where they don't even sell albums at the stores? lol

You can buy an album from your phone, just as easy as you can stream it. And it's counted as a pure sale.

That's pretty much pointless at this point when most people already pay for their streaming service. Yall are trying to apply an old school mentality and system to this day and age.

If we're being honest, Drake would be multi plat first week in the 90s.

That's pretty much pointless at this point when most people already pay for their streaming service. Yall are trying to apply an old school mentality and system to this day and age.

If we're being honest, Drake would be multi plat first week in the 90s.

With a streaming service to do not own the music

If you buy it digitally, you own that forever

Back