Welcome To aBlackWeb

Spin-off: Lupe or Chief Keef who completes Chicago’s Mount Rushmore

I don’t think Lupe fans seriously overrate his influence on chicago

Nobody cares for this nigga like THAT

I also don’t understand how Keef is still popular with people considering to me he hasn’t made music that’s relevant since like the year after he came out

I don’t understand it at all

I’m inclined to sidestep both and just say Durk
Who do you listen to, cause all I've heard you do is talk serious shit on ABW favorites....

And ain't no fuckin WAY should Keef be over Lupe.

Last edited:
What podcasting? That shit don’t count in this argument

if you ain't familiar with Mood Muzik series (which all got formal retail releases as albums and are now on streaming btw) or all those epic 7 to 15 minute no hook songs he used to drop..........that's your loss.

The 2000s mixtape scene was built by rappers rebelling against record executives and sample clearance bullshit. Word to 50. Comparing it to Pro Am is ridiculous. A better comparison would be that "players league" people theorize about whenever there's a NBA lockout. Originally "mixtapes" were just compilations assembled by DJ Clue or White Owl or whoever. Once rappers realized they could self-release albums as """mixtapes""" the game changed forever. Now if the label shelved your album like Cormega, you had options. You could go direct to your fans on the internet.

The only thing that separates most "mixtapes" from "albums" nowadays is the approval from a white man in a suit lmao. So an all original work like "Acid Rap" by Chance is still labeled a "mixtape", but if a nigga cuts the check to rap over other ppl beats it's an "album" that is somehow "more official" than a "mixtape". Shit makes no sense and it hasn't for 20 years. It's become an arbitrary definition.

my nigga like I said a mixtape is not part of one official discography so it doesn’t count

Funny how y’all only bring up mixtapes for these losers

my nigga like I said a mixtape is not part of one official discography so it doesn’t count

Why?

Because a white publishing company said so?

Again, Mood Muzik series all got re-released as retail albums. That makes it part of Joe's "one official discography". You talkin like he Ali Vegas or summin.

"independent releases don't count, it's not real hip-hop unless UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP says so" lmao foh

There s no way Budden sits above Lauryn in anything musically

Niggas is bugging

Well I didn't say that.

Everyone loves Lauryn. That's why we wanted her to get help instead of doing hard drugs, having a bunch of babies with a cult leader, and showing up 2 hours late for every goddamn concert.

1 hot album every 25 year average lol

Bronx Tale nailed it. The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.

Back