Welcome To aBlackWeb

Spin off: how much does social outlook influence your choice of partner?

Golden

Administrator
cld u be with ur opposite? is it a matter of which issues u differ on? do u have 2 see eye to eye on most things?

note that this is regardin long term relationships n marriage, not casual dating

i didnt word this too good.

Let me give some examples:
what if u got different views on gender roles?
different views on politics?
different views on gay rights?
different views on beating kids?
different views on religion? or sending kids to religious schools?
different views on marriage's importance?
different views on involvement of extended fam?

do u need to see eye to eye to the degree tht u have the same stances?
if only some stances r a deal breaker, which?
if different perspectives r ok, to what extent can u have a difference of opinion to a serious relationship prospect?

yes these r all separate thread topics but as many of the replies fall within the "it depends" spectrum n that is what i wld like to delve deeper in2

now gimme the scoop

i didnt word this too good.

Let me give some examples:

if different perspectives r ok, to what extent can u have a difference of opinion to a serious relationship prospect?

yes these r all separate thread topics but as many of the replies fall within the "it depends" spectrum n that is what i wld like to delve deeper in2

now gimme the scoop

Not a deal breaker on any of those. Only thing that could be iffy is gay rights. Everything else we can agree to disagree

u wld marry a feminist or independent woman? fr?

'''..

Yep......Love independent women.

A feminist is a Lesbian fighting her true feelings so she wouldn't be married by the likes of the good Gawd Cain.

You're an independent woman not a feminist. I would put you on the team

Depends on how different the views are. For example if he won't do dishes or vacuum ever cause some principle he has then that's not gonna work for me. Unless he's the sole breadwinner then maybe but otherwise nope

How different? If he's too far right we not gonna agree on a lot of basic stuff so that's not gonna work out.

I don't even think about gay rights like that to care

If he touches my kids he gonna di

I'm not opposed to religious schools even though I'm not religious. Seventh day adventist schools are actually pretty excellent. But not if he talkin about teaching creationism. That's a no go.

It's not that serious. If he believes in it, cool. If he doesn't believe in it, cool.

I don't mind family and don't not mind it. We can raise our kids with or without them don't matter.

No

How we raise our kids mostly

You not gonna agree with anyone 100% of the time and different doesn't necessarily have to mean conflicting. It's a lot of room for different perspectives, that's a good thing.

Yep......Love independent women.

A feminist is a Lesbian fighting her true feelings so she wouldn't be married by the likes of the good Gawd Cain.

You're an independent woman not a feminist. I would put you on the team
how u gonna say that like u didnt just say not takin ur name is a marital dealbreaker B?

so cold, so heartless

how u gonna say that like u didnt just say not takin ur name is a marital dealbreaker B?

so cold, so heartless

I said there is no argument about her taking my name. Lol fuckin with me you don't have a choice. You'd take the name and be happy

Last edited:
If we can have a healthy conversation about shit without flipping out on each other, it's not that big of a deal.

I don't do well with extremes.. Like my wife and I prolly have tons of conflicting political views,, but neither of us are the type to zap out about them either. So we good

You have to be able to get along for the most part not necessarily agree with everything though. You don't want to end up arguing over every topic or event that goes on in your life and forcing your entire relationship to be full of fights. Relationships at their core between two people is something attracted each party towards eachother. Why be together if it's filled with nothing but conflict? Personally I think I'm pretty flexible so I can discuss and be open minded enough to work out as much as I can with a woman. I'll stand firm if I disagree but it'll never be so much where it's a detriment to us. (I wrote way too much my bad y'all '/'/')

Back