Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Spaceman ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿผโ€๐Ÿš€๐Ÿ•ท

Space Psyche

PRAISE: Spaceman joins all of the other astronaut alone in space movies and even though it borrows a bit from Star Trek : Generations this movie about an astronaut dispatched on a mission to the outer reaches of the solar system, where he encounters a mysterious alien works on some levels. The performances and voice work by the cast including Adam Sandler ยท Paul Dano ยท Carey Mulligan ยท Kunal Nayyar are very good. As Jakub (Sandler) pulls back the layers on the phenomenon hes investigating he also pulls back the layers on his life and what shaped his life and his mindset but what also estranged him from his wife Lenka ( Mulligan).There are good bonding moments between alien and human and theres a funny moment when their similar depressions pop up.Slowly but surely I realized the purpose and placement of the alien Hanus in the film. Reconciliation with the past and present are at the forefront coupled with some almost flawless CGI I was on board for mainly all of the raw emotion that plays out in the film.

PROBLEMS: There are definitely some bland and repetitive moments especially at the beginning of the movie. The subject matter felt a little been there done that even though I know the writers and director do try to change things up a bit. There are some things I couldn't get on board with. I did wonder why certain things were set up for Jakub and in a scene that happens towards the end of the movie I had to ask why wasn't he provided this from the beginning?

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7

Getting therapy from a spider is nuts. And of course, Sandler would be wearing basketball shorts in space lol.

I did enjoy Paul Dano saying "Skinny human" to a man who is clearly not skinny over and over lol.

But seriously, Dano and Mulligan were good in this and its a decent film which means for Netflix standards is pretty good lol. Best scene was probably Jakob being regretful and apologetic with his wife for being a shitty husband.

Idk why they made them to be Czech when nobody spoke with that accent lol

Back