DEBATE Sounding white vs Proper English

the problem is what is considered black.......why niggas ok with attaching anything negative to black like a white folk?

as if niggas cant do positive shit?

whos fault is that?
whos fault is it that it still goes on?

We didn’t attach negativity to black. We just not the dominant group

I got a work voice too.. I def wouldn't say it's sounding white but I do make myself sound less threatening.. It's honestly draining af though lol.. I think black males are the only ppl on Earth that have to deal with this.. I hate it but it's a harsh reality

I KNOW RIGHT. Exactly why I don't do that shit foh. I speak properly but the nigga voice gonna remain I don't got time for all that shit lol

I do believe that most times you can tell if someone is black or white from listening to their voice. I agree that our tones differentiate from those of Caucasianic culture, but speaking proper English or "professionally" shouldn't be associated with being a Caucasianist.

I have a work voice as well as you do @1/2 .

"Our records indicate that you haven't paid your tax liabilty due for 2018. Unfortunately, you've received that final notice which displays payment is due immediately."

VS

"Look bruh, yean pay yo taxes so that's why you got this bill. We need that money asap tbh. Either that or you on yo way to bein garnished."

I do believe that most times you can tell if someone is black or white from listening to their voice. I agree that our tones differentiate from those of Caucasianic culture, but speaking proper English or "professionally" shouldn't be associated with being a Caucasianist.

I have a work voice as well as you do @1/2 .

"Our records indicate that you haven't paid your tax liabilty due for 2018. Unfortunately, you've received that final notice which displays payment is due immediately."

VS

"Look bruh, yean pay yo taxes so that's why you got this bill. We need that money asap tbh. Either that or you on yo way to bein garnished."
This

I chop it up to ppl with jobs that don't have to speak to anyone outside they immediate 10ft radius vs those of us that speak to ppl across the country and have to ensure our points get across

When I was teaching and giving meetings I had to perfect my voice and tone to be better understood.

This

I chop it up to ppl with jobs that don't have to speak to anyone outside they immediate 10ft radius vs those of us that speak to ppl across the country and have to ensure our points get across

When I was teaching and giving meetings I had to perfect my voice and tone to be better understood.
You were a teacher? Mr. ChiChi??

• Ether
Reactions: Chicity