Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie is a visual phuggin masterpiece! There were some scenes, I was more focused on what the background was doing, versus the characters in scene. Movies uses the background, as what I can only describe, as eclectic chaos. Bc I tend to over analyze shit, I found myself wondering throughout the movie what were the inspirations for the background of the scenes. It was like watching live abstract art display the emotion of the scenes. Each character felt very unique, and not just the ones that got real screentime. All the cameos and quick shots were excellent. During "The Infinite Spider Chase" it literally felt like he was being chased by a never ending count of different Spiderman. Just when you thought you'd seen it all, they'd throw another cameo at you. I'm not too quick to say it's better than the first, plot wise. But EVERYTHING else is on steroids from the first film. It's artistic orgy on screen. I can't wait to see this shit on shrooms.

Movie is a visual phuggin masterpiece! There were some scenes, I was more focused on what the background was doing, versus the characters in scene. Movies uses the background, as what I can only describe, as eclectic chaos. Bc I tend to over analyze shit, I found myself wondering throughout the movie what were the inspirations for the background of the scenes. It was like watching live abstract art display the emotion of the scenes. Each character felt very unique, and not just the ones that got real screentime. All the cameos and quick shots were excellent. During "The Infinite Spider Chase" it literally felt like he was being chased by a never ending count of different Spiderman. Just when you thought you'd seen it all, they'd throw another cameo at you. I'm not too quick to say it's better than the first, plot wise. But EVERYTHING else is on steroids from the first film. It's artistic orgy on screen. I can't wait to see this shit on shrooms.

how was scarlet spider? just a quick cameo or something else? Im tryna go see it this weekend

More Multiverse Madness

PRAISE : Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse times 100....maybe even 200 !!
This time Spider-Man is catapulted across the Multiverse, where he encounters a team of Spider-People charged with protecting its very existence.
I loved the great and enthusiastic voice work from the entire cast.
Once again a great and involving story is set up as Miles Morales is growing up,being a hero and trying to cut the apron strings.
I did enjoy that the story involves more of the partial origins of other Spider People like Spider Gwen and Spider-Man 2099 who come with their own losses in life and regrets.
There is so much to take in in this movie. So many Spider People that I know for sure that people are going to pause the movie when it hits Ondemand and Streaming. Some are well known but others not so much by the general public and long term fans of Spider People in the comic books and that's another great thing about this movie the colorful captions with a bit of information about a Spider Person or fact about the Spider-Verse showing that the film never forgets its comic book roots. Also making a huge nod to international Spider People that was very charming.
High Praise to all of the animators because I know it wasn't easy putting so much in just a few frames of the movie. That also featured various types of animation. I enjoyed how the movie gives the audience time to reflect on a certain scene and simultaneously taken in the amazing art work. There are several surprises that brought a big smile to my face. I really love what Super Hero films and TV shows are displaying with their multiverses.
I hope there's not another 5 years until Beyond The Spider-Verse

PROBLEMS: With all of the abundance and ambition in this movie things definitely felt a bit jumbled at times.
By the time the movie gets to its 3rd out of 6th endings I started to feel it's length.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 9

The first one was dope as shit. Looking forward to checking this out once school ends.

Absolutely loved the character arcs with Miles and Gwen throughout the film. Film got a lot of heart like the first one. It is a visual masterpiece. The score was great. Loved the introduction of Spider-Man India and Spider-Punk. Sony got one with this.

Also glad to see more of Miles' Latino side in this.

Back